BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Yes I get that. Am I allowed to not want it though?

I just like PFA and I like having picks that you can't speculate on.

Realistically the Shark Tank is actually PFA for the BDL.

8 hours ago, SirA1 said:

You do realize you have the first pick regardless unless you decide to trade it so there isn't any reason to oppose a test run.

I agree. I feel there isnt any reason to make a change. Having said that, if im a 'tie breaker' either for the yes votes, feel free to convince me.

Topic

9a. Review league roles and responsabilities (guidelines and members of committees, rules workbook, roster guys ...) 

9b. Create a rule workbook master that would update the rules workook as season goes on

Idea submitter: Ted/Hockey

Current situation:

Roster guys (update the structure): bcb, Rags, SirA, Ted

Waivers and PFA (run waivers & PFA, pending item 6b): bcb

Contract committee (approve all contract extensions): SirA, JLash, pheltz, MD4L, bcb (no backup)

Trade committee (approve all trades, save for draft day trades): SirA, pheltz, PR, Jlash, MD4L (backup: Counselor)

Ruling committee (rule on ad hoc issues): bcb, Jlash, Ted (resigned) (backup: Rags)

Schedule (make the schedule): bcb

Standings (update the standings): vacant

No Rule Workbook master - would be in charge of update the rule workbook everytime an issue comes up / an owner's meeting is done

Detailed idea 

Review responsibilities and roles for each item

Argument for : Split responsibilities to every owner

Applicable on: now

The exercise here would be to try to find were each owner could fit and update some of the committees. I don't think there will be a vote per say.

Archived