BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

6 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I mean currently Ted and I have access to the League Guidelines which houses all the Rules for the most part. I'll be updating things once the Owners meetings are over.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PMWi_mLXhAdtxZF2PYBlXzqmtrQfDF1xx1v3_o8F-uA/edit

I'm just tryin' to help over here so you don't have to take months to re-write everything. As explained before as issues and clarifications come up I could add them to the rule book.

7 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm just tryin' to help over here so you don't have to take months to re-write everything. As explained before as issues and clarifications come up I could add them to the rule book.

It's more that any changes generally won't apply immediately so changing it now would confuse people more. That's why the wait until summer.

The 2019 offseason has to play out under the current rules for things like 3 ups because we don't retcon anything. So it will be after FA for things other than the two small changes we've made so far. 

11 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Seems like every option has been discussed. I will launch the vote tomorrow morning 

Uh, no.

This discussion does not end without a discussion to reduce the number of playoff teams

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I mean that's great that totally helps me believe that people will sit and listen to my arguments before making a decision so okay

You always have a platform and we can use more activity during the playoffs. Help yourself.

24 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Uh, no.

This discussion does not end without a discussion to reduce the number of playoff teams

Is an option based on the reduction of the playoffs from 8 to 4 teams?

Cause even if you with 6 teams that doesn't do anything in terms of schedule

15 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I mean alright it's pretty clear to me what's going on here. I'm not going to bang my head against the damn wall.

I'm upset. That's all I'm going to be. But I'm truly upset. I just want you all to know.

Hmmm what?

12 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Hmmm what?

Seriously?

14 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Is an option based on the reduction of the playoffs from 8 to 4 teams?

Cause even if you with 6 teams that doesn't do anything in terms of schedule

Yes of course it's an option. That's what I've been saying this whole damn time and the reason I'm so upset is because no one is taking it seriously as an option before I can even explain why and this post quite literally continues to prove the point. I'm shaking with anger right now my god. 

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Seriously?

Yes of course it's an option. That's what I've been saying this whole damn time and the reason I'm so upset is because no one is taking it seriously as an option before I can even explain why and this post quite literally continues to prove the point. I'm shaking with anger right now my god. 

Once we get schedule pinmed down we can talk about the number of playoff teams. There is two separate issues. The only difference is when playoffs would start which isn't being debated here. Either it would start Week 15 and run through 17 or it would start Week 16 and 17 based on your proposal.

It would be different if people were actually taking into my consideration of starting P3 instead of P4 with Week 14-16 with current playoff #s or Weeks 15&16 under a shortened playoff field.

As I said playoff field does not actually effect the schedule length in of itself.

Archived