Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I would have agreed with you a couple of years ago, but the shift back might have happened if the Nats are truly off the board for being for sale. 

I think it was because of the confusion with MASN.  Rumor was that the Orioles wanted to divest themselves of MASN, and roll into Leonsis’s Monumental Sports Network, but my guess is that the ongoing litigation scared him away.  I have a feeling that the Lerner family will be revisiting selling when Rubenstein and the Orioles finally settle up the MASN disputes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think it was because of the confusion with MASN.  Rumor was that the Orioles wanted to divest themselves of MASN, and roll into Leonsis’s Monumental Sports Network, but my guess is that the ongoing litigation scared him away.  I have a feeling that the Lerner family will be revisiting selling when Rubenstein and the Orioles finally settle up the MASN disputes. 

Which is never going to happen…

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, if a sale is imminent, I have a feeling that you won’t see much spending, so if they do spend………could be a sign that the Lerners are staying.  

They won’t spend either way. Ted was the one who spent. He’s the one who signed Max. The kids don’t want the team but they also won’t take any of the current offers. We’re stuck as a fanbase. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Which is never going to happen…

You talking about spending or MASN?  I have a feeling that Rubenstein doesn’t want the MASN stuff hanging over the Orioles, just as much as the Lerners want it out of their hair as well 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

You talking about spending or MASN?  I have a feeling that Rubenstein doesn’t want the MASN stuff hanging over the Orioles, just as much as the Lerners want it out of their hair as well 

Both. I thought MASN was profitable? Why would Rubenstein give that up? 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Both. I thought MASN was profitable? Why would Rubenstein give that up? 

The Orioles equity share is slowly decreasing, and he is inheriting a lot of the risk/debt with the lawsuits, so that might be the way for them to quietly get out of it.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Was so happy we got him. I know Skeens is great but with Wood and Abram’s and just the work Rizzo’s done Crews and co are gonna be exciting!!

With the way you are working with pitchers now, I think you guys will be fine.  Nats are doing a great job with that as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

With the way you are working with pitchers now, I think you guys will be fine.  Nats are doing a great job with that as well. 

I love the coaches and staff. It’s crazy but I feel the same way about their staff as I do our football staff now. I’m super pumped for the future of both these teams

• Like 1