Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

He's got like 15 kids to feed. 

Wrong Cromartie. That's not him, that's  his cousin Antoine who retired from the NFL two or three years ago.

This is Dominique Rogers Cromartie who used to play for the Cardinals, Giants and last year he was considering signing with us but went to Oaklamd instead.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Woz said:

I am going to bite my tongue until I see the contract,

Now comes the contract

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/adrian-peterson-4753/ (OTC doesn't have him on Washington's roster yet (don't know why), so just have the one data point)

Adrian Peterson signed a 2 year, $5,030,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $1,500,000 signing bonus, $1,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,515,000.

• Salary = $1.03M
    • Signing bonus = $0.75M
    • Cap hit = $1.78M
    • Dead cap = $1.50M
    • Savings if cut = $0.28M
  • 2020 [CLUB OPTION YEAR; must be executed 22 days prior to the 2020 league year start (i.e. basically right before the 2020 Combine)
    • Salary = $2.25M
    • Signing bonus = $0.75M
    • Roster bonus = $0.25M (per game active roster at $15,625/game)
    • Cap hit = $3.25M
    • Dead cap = $0.75M
    • Savings if cut = $2.50M
On 3/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Woz said:

Cut Peterson after the season (or, ideally, have the second year auto-void).

Looks like a variant of my point #4 above; this way they could keep him if they really wanted to, but unless Guice is injured again or looks bad, I suspect they will void it.

As contracts go, relatively harmless and actually significantly cheaper than originally announced. There are $1.5M in incentives for each year (what the trigger is for those is not stated).

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Now comes the contract

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/adrian-peterson-4753/ (OTC doesn't have him on Washington's roster yet (don't know why), so just have the one data point)

• Salary = $1.03M
    • Signing bonus = $0.75M
    • Cap hit = $1.78M
    • Dead cap = $1.50M
    • Savings if cut = $0.28M
  • 2020 [CLUB OPTION YEAR; must be executed 22 days prior to the 2020 league year start (i.e. basically right before the 2020 Combine)
    • Salary = $2.25M
    • Signing bonus = $0.75M
    • Roster bonus = $0.25M (per game active roster at $15,625/game)
    • Cap hit = $3.25M
    • Dead cap = $0.75M
    • Savings if cut = $2.50M

Looks like a variant of my point #4 above; this way they could keep him if they really wanted to, but unless Guice is injured again or looks bad, I suspect they will void it.

As contracts go, relatively harmless and actually significantly cheaper than originally announced. There are $1.5M in incentives for each year (what the trigger is for those is not stated).

So... you're saying the front office did a good job on structuring the Collins and Peterson's contract?

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So... you're saying the front office did a good job on structuring the Collins and Peterson's contract?

On Collins, given the parameters, yes, but will force the front office to make a big decision next year. On Peterson, it's what I expected.

But yes, the cap guys did a decent job.

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

They seem to think so ...

Oh wow! I like it! He has a lot to learn though, hopefully Collins can teach DRC what to do at FS even if Collins doesn’t have the ability to be a good center fielder himself. DRC definitely has the speed and ballskills to be a good FS, he’s just never done it before.

Preferably, I’d still like to see Apke or Nicholson beat out DRC for the starting FS spot. They both have speed and good ball skills too.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh wow! I like it! He has a lot to learn though, hopefully Collins can teach DRC what to do at FS even if Collins doesn’t have the ability to be a good center fielder himself. DRC definitely has the speed and ballskills to be a good FS, he’s just never done it before.

Preferably, I’d still like to see Apke or Nicholson beat out DRC for the starting FS spot. They both have speed and good ball skills too.

33 in April. Now sign Pierre Garcon' He's soon to be 33 ..August .

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

33 in April. Now sign Pierre Garcon' He's soon to be 33 ..August .

Pierre has been nothing but injured since he left and he only scored 1 TD in two years in San Fran. It’s no wonder they cut him.

Just now, RSkinGM said:

I guess it's just a look-see. Can't we cut him before the season- no risk .

Yes, I assume we didn’t give him a lot of guarantees so, if DRC looks bad or our young safeties look better, we can hopefully just cut him like we did with Scandrick last year.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Pierre has been nothing but injured since he left and he only scored 1 TD in two years in San Fran. It’s no wonder they cut him.

I wonder if he still has the pizza business here .. He's all healed up and good to go ! He can block downfield for the 34 y o Peterson !

Archived