Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think Winovich goes round 2. I wouldn't risk him falling to the 3rd. I think he's a Brooks Reed type pass rusher. Likely a 5 to 10 sack/high effort guy, a poor mans Kerrigan.

Yeah I'm not sure he falls to the third round either - there isn't many great edge rushers in that r2-r3 range. How anyone can not like this guy is beyond me. Everyone knows he gives great effort but he tested a lot better than people are giving him credit for at the combine. He's underrated in my opinion. He wouldn't be the best fit at ROLB and for that reason I'm not sure I would use the Skins' 2nd round pick on him though. But if he is there in the third round that would be very tempting.  He could step in and take the job from Ryan Anderson relatively quick I think.

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Yeah I'm not sure he falls to the third round either - there isn't many great edge rushers in that r2-r3 range. How anyone can not like this guy is beyond me. Everyone knows he gives great effort but he tested a lot better than people are giving him credit for at the combine. He's underrated in my opinion. He wouldn't be the best fit at ROLB and for that reason I'm not sure I would use the Skins' 2nd round pick on him though. But if he is there in the third round that would be very tempting.  He could step in and take the job from Ryan Anderson relatively quick I think.

Only reason I wouldn't like him is bc he played for the team up North, but that's over now. I’d love him on the skins if we take a Qb, WR, OG or other Def position in round 1.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Based on how free agency has played out we basically have to take an edge rusher in the first round now.

Nope, best player available. They can draft an edge rushed after round 1 to develop and sign a vet after the draft.

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Based on how free agency has played out we basically have to take an edge rusher in the first round now.

I’m fairly certain we’re taking a QB. I’d be absolutely shocked if we don’t move up a bit for one. Not what I want to do but what I think is going to happen. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m fairly certain we’re taking a QB. I’d be absolutely shocked if we don’t move up a bit for one. Not what I want to do but what I think is going to happen. 

I don’t see it.  You’ve got a HC and GM with their jobs on the line, they aren’t going to put their chips on a rookie QB.  They let Preston walk and did nothing to replace him.  ROLB is arguably the most important position on defense in a 3-4 and they’ve prioritized upgrading the front 7 the past few years.  

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t see it.  You’ve got a HC and GM with their jobs on the line, they aren’t going to put their chips on a rookie QB.  They let Preston walk and did nothing to replace him.  ROLB is arguably the most important position on defense in a 3-4 and they’ve prioritized upgrading the front 7 the past few years.  

So they’re going to roll with McCoy and Keenum to save their jobs? At least with a rookie they can use it as an excuse. 

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So they’re going to roll with McCoy and Keenum to save their jobs? At least with a rookie they can use it as an excuse. 

Yes.  There isn’t a QB in this class that is ready to start immediately.  The best chance they have of making the playoffs this year is to trot a veteran QB out there, run the football a ton and play good defense.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Wow, says the guy who's killed Smith since he was drafted 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

They're in a lose-lose situation.The Qbs in this class likely aren't day 1 good to great starters and the QBs on their roster are mediocre.

Oh well, it's their own fault. They let arguably the best QB the franchise had had since Sonny walk for just a 3rd round comp pick last year. Frankly, Allen, just off of that bonehead decision should get fired!.

38 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes.  There isn’t a QB in this class that is ready to start immediately.  The best chance they have of making the playoffs this year is to trot a veteran QB out there, run the football a ton and play good defense.

Agreed I could see Keenum replicating what Smith did last year. With another easy schedule that is a formula for beating bad to average teams.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

7-9

6-10-10-6 depending on how you do at the end of close games similar to our team during our 6-3 run. We wouldn't be able to come back if we had a big deficit but we would be in every game. Works against the teams who aren't able to consistently break down our defense and we wait for them to make a mistake. With the moves they have made it doesn't seem like they have any intention of breaking it down and doing a proper rebuild to be a contender.

23 minutes ago, rizzy said:

6-10-10-6 depending on how you do at the end of close games similar to our team during our 6-3 run. We wouldn't be able to come back if we had a big deficit but we would be in every game. Works against the teams who aren't able to consistently break down our defense and we wait for them to make a mistake. With the moves they have made it doesn't seem like they have any intention of breaking it down and doing a proper rebuild to be a contender.

Somehow though they'll end up 7-9 or 8-8 again! 😆 lol

Missing the playoffs and missing the top 10 for the 4th year in a row...

Archived