Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You honestly have no reservations about the Redskins making free agents the top paid players at their position in history?  We’ve been down this road before, what could go wrong?

Wine to someone else please. Let me enjoy them actually do something right. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

You work thier cap situation? You work the contracts? You work for the organization? 

It’s not that. We’ve all seen them go down this road before. It usually leads to a player who’s too rich to care anymore and an organization in cap hell. We’re all tired of being offseason champs. It usually happens when the fan base is most pissed. The RG3 trade after the ‘11 season. McNabb after the Zorn years. It’s an ugly cycle. Hopefully this time it goes well but we as a whole have little hope

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

It’s not that. We’ve all seen them go down this road before. It usually leads to a player who’s too rich to care anymore and an organization in cap hell. We’re all tired of being offseason champs. It usually happens when the fan base is most pissed. The RG3 trade after the ‘11 season. McNabb after the Zorn years. It’s an ugly cycle. Hopefully this time it goes well but we as a whole have little hope

Bruce wasn't apart of that nethier was Doug Williams, nor the guy who has supposedly been our cap genius since the situation with the league. Signing Mosley and Collins something positive. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Bruce wasn't apart of that nethier was Doug Williams, nor the guy who has supposedly been our cap genius since the situation with the league. Signing Mosley and Collins something positive. 

Bruce Allen was definitely here for the RG3 trade and the McNabb trade.

Just now, Skins212689 said:

You work thier cap situation? You work the contracts? You work for the organization? 

No. But one doesn't have to do any of those to be glad or mad about how they go about spending the money.

You're a fan of the team right?

The 2019 cap is around $188M

Using your philosophy (that only those who work the contracts should criticize the contracts made) if the Redskins decided to sign 2 players (the kicker and the punter) for $80m each and then sign the other 51 players with the remaining $28m, then fans shouldn't have an opinion on whether that was a good move or not. 

It's kinda mind boggling that that is your position given that, again:

1) We root for a team in a sport that has a salary cap

2) Each player signed counts against the cap

3) If they do a poor job signing the player and misspend the money on players not worth the $$ then that affects the product on the field

4) If they spend too much on one position they cannot magically create more cap space. At some point they are at a limit to what they can do without heavily mortgaging / killing the future.

These are self evident realities ^^^. And one does not have to be employed as a capologist with the Redskins to be concerned if they are spending too much money. Additionally, telling people that they should be worried about it because "its not their money" ignores the fact that the spending affects the rest of the team. And that affects the product on the field.

So given my scenario, you're just fine with an $80m kicker and $80m punter if they decide to do that? 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Wine to someone else please. Let me enjoy them actually do something right. 

Or...

Instead of accusing people of wHining, we can simply discuss the issue. That, after all, is what this forum is for.

If you don't want to discuss the move, that's your choice. 

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yea Brice did all of that. 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Bruce Allen was definitely here for the RG3 trade and the McNabb trade.

My bad, but signing Mosley and Collins is something totally opposite of those type of moves. My hope is maybe Dan actually lit a fire and people are actually focusing on a plan. The plan being right now get some defensive help. That's what Keenum had in Minny and that's what you'd want Rosen or a Rookie QB to have to take some pressure off of them. Even if I'm wrong, the signing of those two guys fills holes for the team. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

My bad, but signing Mosley and Collins is something totally opposite of those type of moves. My hope is maybe Dan actually lit a fire and people are actually focusing on a plan. The plan being right now get some defensive help. That's what Keenum had in Minny and that's what you'd want Rosen or a Rookie QB to have to take some pressure off of them. Even if I'm wrong, the signing of those two guys fills holes for the team. 

If they could pull off Mosley the defense, on paper, could be scary. Could be really scary if Rueben Foster decides to focus on football and put all the other stuff behind him. 

25 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

No. But one doesn't have to do any of those to be glad or mad about how they go about spending the money.

You're a fan of the team right?

The 2019 cap is around $188M

Using your philosophy (that only those who work the contracts should criticize the contracts made) if the Redskins decided to sign 2 players (the kicker and the punter) for $80m each and then sign the other 51 players with the remaining $28m, then fans shouldn't have an opinion on whether that was a good move or not. 

It's kinda mind boggling that that is your position given that, again:

1) We root for a team in a sport that has a salary cap

2) Each player signed counts against the cap

3) If they do a poor job signing the player and misspend the money on players not worth the $$ then that affects the product on the field

4) If they spend too much on one position they cannot magically create more cap space. At some point they are at a limit to what they can do without heavily mortgaging / killing the future.

These are self evident realities ^^^. And one does not have to be employed as a capologist with the Redskins to be concerned if they are spending too much money. Additionally, telling people that they should be worried about it because "its not their money" ignores the fact that the spending affects the rest of the team. And that affects the product on the field.

So given my scenario, you're just fine with an $80m kicker and $80m punter if they decide to do that? 

I don't do the numbers for the team and nethier do you so thats irrelevant to me. If your business had no problem giving 84 million guaranteed to a guy who was suppose to be the missing piece to a Vikings but cant accept this your worried about things I'm not. It's just not about Cousins, I said the same about AB. He deserves every dime he got from the league. I'm on the side of "Get Your Money Bruh" He will make a impact on the field and that what matters most.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Swearinger was a good Safety for MUCH less money.

Did he let Sweriger go? So why are you even saying this. Sweriger is irrelevant right now. Of course it would've been great to have kept him (and many Spoke those words when he was let go) So what does that have to do with now? Nothing.

Archived