Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

Just now, LoganF89 said:

Read the link

Already did. We can get out of the deal in 2022 and only have $6m-9m in dead money. He still counts for a ton in the 3 years though. ($16m, $16m, $12.5m in cash...but $4m, $14.6m, and $16.7m in cap hit with $6-9m in dead money depending on how we let him go)

1 minute ago, LoganF89 said:

Year 1- 4 mil

year 2- 14.6 mil

year 3- 16.7 mil

possible out after year 3 6 mil dead cap

year 4- 15.7 mi

year 5- 16.7 mil

Can be relaxed after year 5 and save 13.7

year 6- 16.7

Yeah, Like I said, I like the breakdown better. I didn't want to spend over $10m a year on that position though. Still, I like the player so hopefully he doesn't blow up in our faces the next 3 years.

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I did... 

To your reader it appears that you are arguing that he is irrelevant because we let him go. We also let Cousins go. 

And you followed up with "what does that have to do with now? Nothing"

Cousins guaranteed money made a statement in the league and as I said, me bringing him up had nothing to do with him being a former Redskin. Cousins 84 million dollar guaranteed contract is what I was talking about, the same way people here kept talking about Collins 45 million guaranteed. Still don't get it, I guess you never will and can stick to whatever you'd like too. 

55 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Year 1- 4 mil

year 2- 14.6 mil

year 3- 16.7 mil

possible out after year 3 6 mil dead cap

year 4- 15.7 mi

year 5- 16.7 mil

Can be relaxed after year 5 and save 13.7

year 6- 16.7

It's still a ton of guaranteed money for a one dimensional player. 

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Cousins guaranteed money made a statement in the league and as I said, me bringing him up had nothing to do with him being a former Redskin. Cousins 84 million dollar guaranteed contract is what I was talking about, the same way people here kept talking about Collins 45 million guaranteed. Still don't get it, I guess you never will and can stick to whatever you'd like too. 

Yes, you used a former Redskin to make a point about salary and paying the player.

And yet. You told @MKnight82 that bringing up Swearinger making $10m less was irrelevant. My point stands. 

Missed out on Mosley, but at that price ($85M with $51M guaranteed) it’s hard to feel bad about it. 

I hope they pivot and pursue Jordan Hicks for that spot, and weren’t just looking at Mosley because of the obvious Bama connection. 

EDIT: But actually, given what Mosley and Alexander have gotten, maybe not. I think Hicks is the most complete ILB on the market, but the injury history (at that price) makes me shudder. 

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes, you used a former Redskin to make a point about salary and paying the player.

And yet. You told @MKnight82 that bringing up Swearinger making $10m less was irrelevant. My point stands. 

The reason Sweriger isn't on the team is because of a comment he made, not the money he was making. 

Archived