Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Damn, that’s a nice payday for Ty. He’s earned it and I think Buffalo got themselves a damn good tackle. I wonder if we’ll consider Jonah Williams if he’s on the board? 

What did he sign for - I haven't found it yet ?

Just now, lavar703 said:

He looks the part. He just doesn’t have the explosion needed to be a pass rusher. He needs to thank the silly PFF obsession people have for getting him a big payday. 

He should be playing DE and even DT snaps in a 4-3, like he did in college.  Thank the Redskins for once again drafting and playing a player out of position.  

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Give it to me straight on Preston Smith, please. 

A lot of it has already been said, but I'll give you my take. He's a good but not great pass rusher. He's pretty good against the run when he gives the effort. He also has made some game changing plays for the redskins since 2015 like interceptions and forced fumbles. He usually good for one or two of those a year.

He has the talent to be a double sack guy but he has an inconsistent motor. As others have said, he’ll likely rack up a lot of pressures and QB hits but come short of getting double-digit sacks.

As I’m sure you know, sacks would be nicer than getting just QB hits or pressures.

Basically, I think you're replacing what you had with Nick Perry with a similar player, when Perry was healthy. I hope he gets more sacks for you than he did for us, but if I were you id expect a 7-8 sack guy and not a double-digit sack guy, who is pretty good against the run and will force a few turnovers a year.

You're not getting a young Clay Matthews here.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He should be playing DE and even DT snaps in a 4-3, like he did in college.  Thank the Redskins for once again drafting and playing a player out of position.  

Hate to say it, but we do know who scouted and drafted Preston Smith, don't we?

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I really hope we move in on Shane Ray and re-sign AP. After that, I’m fine with what we’ve done. Oh and make the trade for Rosen.

Or Golden.  Need a pass rusher, especially if we aren't taking one at 15.  

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Wow, not bad not bad .

I mean its not crazy money, but just think if someone told you that you could earn 14.5 mil over the next 2 years.  Lol.  That is life changing stuff.  Happy for him and his family.  

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Dang Jordan Hicks got a very reasonable deal from Arizona.  I know he didn't go to Alabama but maybe we should have made an offer?  

Doesn’t Hicks get hurt all the time? I could be wrong but I thought he did 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Doesn’t Hicks get hurt all the time? I could be wrong but I thought he did 

Yes, which is why E said while he wants him because he's one of the best ILBs on the market, he's leary of signing him to a big deal bc he gets hurt a lot.

Perhaps we can get him on a one-year prove it deal or an incentive laden contract where he could earn a big pay day if he hits certain benchmarks.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yes, which is why E said while he wants him because he's one of the best ILBs on the market, he's leary of signing him to a big deal bc he gets hurt a lot.

Perhaps we can get him on a one-year prove it deal or an incentive laden contract where he could earn a big pay day if he hits certain benchmarks.

He already signed with Arizona for big money. 

Archived