Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

On 3/5/2019 at 4:44 AM, PSID412 said:

Since we have been seemingly linked with a bunch of quarterback and I didn't want to do it's own thread as I felt it was a waste. Should we take a look at Bridgewater in Free Agency?

He went back to the Saints didn't he?

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

How is Mason Foster still here? I can’t believe they’re going to keep him around after what happened lol

Agreed, Total head scratcher. He should definitely be a gonner. Maybe they're waiting until they draft or sign a replacement.

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Very similar contracts when it boils down. One is older and is coming off a torn ACL. 

Agreed. The issue with Thomas is age. He's going to be 30 in May. Give me the 25-year-old on the deal we gave Collins rather than the 30-year-old.

Here's to hoping one of one young safeties takes the next step and becomes the starting FS or we draft a FS while Collins balls out as a SS with 90 tackles, a few ints and a few forced fumbles.

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Throwing cash at Clinton-Dix doesn’t seem like a good idea. Can he play deep middle? Didn’t seem like he could.

I’d much rather draft a mid rounder and have an open competition w/ Nicholson, Apke and the draft pick. No need to give 2 safeties big contracts.

Use that $$$ for some OL depth, a WR or a blocking TE.

I thought that Haha was fine in coverage, the issue with him is he's an inconsistent tackler. I wouldn't mind re-signing Haha as long as it's not a huge deal.

I thought that since we had traded for Haha that the rest of the year we didn't give up any more deep shots. I could be wrong about that, but that's what I remember.

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I love it. Cutting Brown & McGee and re-signing Peterson seems like a great deal. They love his leadership for the young RBs, as do I. This was a good day when if we don't sign anyone else today.

I am going to bite my tongue until I see the contract, but I wonder if the plan is:

1. Use Peterson heavily in beginning of the season.
  2. Ease Guice into the rotation.
  3. Tail off Peterson's usage towards the end, giving more time/carries to Guice.
  4. Cut Peterson after the season (or, ideally, have the second year auto-void).

1 minute ago, Woz said:

I am going to bite my tongue until I see the contract, but I wonder if the plan is:

3. Tail off Peterson's usage towards the end, giving more time/carries to Guice.

2 YR $8 MIL apparently

1 minute ago, Woz said:

That's what I'm thinking. Work Peterson hard in the Begining of the season, bring Guice along slowly and ramp him up towards the end of the year. 

I'm thinking that next year he's probably more expensive than this year and his guaranteed $ is this year. 

At least that's what I hope.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

2 YR $8 MIL apparently

Yes, but as woz said, the breakdown of the contract is what matters.

Collins’ contract looked a lot more attractive once the details of his deal came out. 

I mean Collins for $4 million this year and we can restructure or cut him after 3 years, that's a good deal.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

I like it. My only suggestion would be to keep Peterson as a player coach for the running backs next year as a coach we have now is bottom of the barrelI a 

Archived