Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

1 minute ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Yeesh. Well he’s gotta improve immensely. I liked the draft pick initially, but he looked really weak. I guess you can always add functional strength, but he was getting moved with ease.

adding a veteran wouldn’t hurt either.

We’ve seen some pretty big jumps in our Olinemans sophomore years, my hopes are high that Christian pans out.

Some guys I’d consider who are still out on the market:

S Tre Boston/EDGE Markus Golden/TE James O’Shaughnessy: Already mentioned each of these guys in my mock FA, no need to rehash. 

OT Mike Remmers: Really rough season at OG for Minnesota, but has been a capable RT for years. Wouldn’t be a bad depth option/bridge to Christian for the right price. Was cut so wouldn’t affect comp picks. 

OG DJ Fluker: The guard market is a barren wasteland, and I’m not sure Fluker makes a ton of sense as a guy who has mostly played RG in his career. But he’s enormous and fairly nimble in pass protection for a guard, and he went to Alabama, so...

DE Brent Urban: The Ravens always have a glut of relatively anonymous DL making plays, but I’ve always thought Urban stands out when you watch them play. We could always use more solid depth on the DL.

ILB Josh Byrnes: Another guy who broke into the league with the Ravens, he was playing really well for the Cardinals before he got hurt. Was cut, so no comp pick. Could at least compete with SDH for the spot next to Reuben, but he went to Auburn, so...

OLB Sam Acho: Would be a total stopgap, likely depth addition, but he had a really nice season for Chicago as a pass-rusher in 2017 before getting hurt (and replaced by a decent OLB) last season. Another guy who was cut.

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Some guys I’d consider who are still out on the market:

S Tre Boston/EDGE Markus Golden/TE James O’Shaughnessy: Already mentioned each of these guys in my mock FA, no need to rehash. 

OT Mike Remmers: Really rough season at OG for Minnesota, but has been a capable RT for years. Wouldn’t be a bad depth option/bridge to Christian for the right price. Was cut so wouldn’t affect comp picks. 

OG DJ Fluker: The guard market is a barren wasteland, and I’m not sure Fluker makes a ton of sense as a guy who has mostly played RG in his career. But he’s enormous and fairly nimble in pass protection for a guard, and he went to Alabama, so...

DE Brent Urban: The Ravens always have a glut of relatively anonymous DL making plays, but I’ve always thought Urban stands out when you watch them play. We could always use more solid depth on the DL.

ILB Josh Byrnes: Another guy who broke into the league with the Ravens, he was playing really well for the Cardinals before he got hurt. Was cut, so no comp pick. Could at least compete with SDH for the spot next to Reuben, but he went to Auburn, so...

OLB Sam Acho: Would be a total stopgap, likely depth addition, but he had a really nice season for Chicago as a pass-rusher in 2017 before getting hurt (and replaced by a decent OLB) last season. Another guy who was cut.

The uva fan in me perked up when you mentioned Brent Urban.  Not sure we really need another DE though.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The uva fan in me perked up when you mentioned Brent Urban.  Not sure we really need another DE though.

I sorta thought the same, but when I got to thinking about it, cutting McGee would leave them with only 5 DL on the roster (Allen, Ioannidis, Payne, Settle, and Brantley). I’d think they’ll roll with at least 6 next year, and they’ve got the NT spot nailed down with Payne and Settle, so I think there’s room for one more DE. Could have Urban (or any veteran FA) compete against a late-round/UDFA rookie or two. 

9 hours ago, e16bball said:

I sorta thought the same, but when I got to thinking about it, cutting McGee would leave them with only 5 DL on the roster (Allen, Ioannidis, Payne, Settle, and Brantley). I’d think they’ll roll with at least 6 next year, and they’ve got the NT spot nailed down with Payne and Settle, so I think there’s room for one more DE. Could have Urban (or any veteran FA) compete against a late-round/UDFA rookie or two. 

Allen isn’t cutting McGee, his ego is too big to admit it was a bad signing 

29 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Allen isn’t cutting McGee, his ego is too big to admit it was a bad signing 

What must it be like to work for a company that doesn't want to use your talents but will keep paying you because they don't want to admit they made a mistake by hiring you?

Archived