Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I'm sorry but I'd much rather have Earl Thomas at $55 mil, $32 mil guaranteed than Landon Collins at $84 mil, $45 mil guaranteed.  

Yeah, not me. And the Collins contract is nowhere near as bad as reported so there’s that. 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why not?

I'm not saying I'm in love with the Collins signing but I do hope they make ONE , just ONE off season move that you like ! :) OH wait - The let P Smith walk -- sorry, my mistake.

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How is Mason Foster still here? I can’t believe they’re going to keep him around after what happened lol

Hopefully they are just waiting until after June 1st or something. Maybe as insurance if we don't draft an ILB. I'd rather not have him though. 

32 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Hopefully they are just waiting until after June 1st or something. Maybe as insurance if we don't draft an ILB. I'd rather not have him though. 

They can designate Foster a "June cut" (so Washington would get the benefits of the accounting, but Foster is released in the heart of free agency). Unless they burned their two spots on both McGee and Brown (Brown I could see, McGee not so much)?

52 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'm not saying I'm in love with the Collins signing but I do hope they make ONE , just ONE off season move that you like ! :) OH wait - The let P Smith walk -- sorry, my mistake.

Oh man I loved that one.  Cutting McGee was great too!

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Very similar contracts when it boils down. One is older and is coming off a torn ACL. 

Ya but one is the best coverage safety in the NFL and the other is an in the box safety in a league that passes 60% of the time.  

14 hours ago, e16bball said:

I find it a little odd that they were apparently so hot to trot to try and go spend tens of millions on CJ Mosley after getting Collins done, but now there’s crickets from beat reporters and Twitter about anyone else they’re looking at. 

I guess it’s good that they want to either go big for elite talent or wait it out and find bargains — but it’s not very Redskins-esque. 

Throwing cash at Clinton-Dix doesn’t seem like a good idea. Can he play deep middle? Didn’t seem like he could.

I’d much rather draft a mid rounder and have an open competition w/ Nicholson, Apke and the draft pick. No need to give 2 safeties big contracts.

Use that $$$ for some OL depth, a WR or a blocking TE.

Archived