Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

What does he do well? Play FB? C'mon Turtle, for a 2nd round pick, Anderson should have been more of an impact than he has been. And if he is that good of a player he could have beaten out Preston Smith. 

And Anderson has never been a double digit sack guy in anyones eyes. Most of us can just see the mediocrity that looms around him. So many different ways the Redskins could have gone with that 2nd round pick. But hence we now have Anderson. 

This is such a dumb conversation. 

You expect a rookie OLB who played LOLB in college to come in and beat out the ROLB they already had in place who had two 8 sack seasons?

huh?

That was never going to happen, even if we had taken an OLB higher in the draft.

Anderson is a stud run defender, something we've lacked at 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE since Phillip Daniels retired.

Also, from what I've seen of him in college he always seemed to be around the ball and forcing turnovers, getting turnovers himself or making plays. 

Yeah, he's not a flashy top tier athlete, but as far as being a solid fundamental football player who's cerebral and forces/makes turnovers and good football plays, Anderson has always been that guy.

Of course they could’ve gotten other players. I wouldn’t have picked Anderson either but I don’t think we can call him a bust or a bad football player.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

This is such a dumb conversation. 

You expect a rookie OLB who played LOLB in college to come in and beat out the ROLB they already had in place who had two 8 sack seasons?

huh?

That was never going to happen, even if we had taken an OLB higher in the draft.

Anderson is a stud run defender, something we've lacked at 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE since Phillip Daniels retired.

Also, from what I've seen of him in college he always seemed to be around the ball and forcing turnovers, getting turnovers himself or making plays. 

Yeah, he's not a flashy top tier athlete, but as far as being a solid fundamental football player who's cerebral and forces/makes turnovers and good football plays, Anderson has always been that guy.

Of course they could’ve gotten other players. I wouldn’t have picked Anderson either but I don’t think we can call him a bust or a bad football player.

Can't call him good either. 

Also, you used to call Trent Murphy a stud run defender. Just sayin. 

Don't be surprised if Anderson doesn't see another players name ahead of him on the depth chart this season. 

I think it was time to see what we had in Anderson. Smith moving on works for me and we can still possibly add someone for cheap like Shane Ray. If Anderson isn’t any good we just move on but he was a second-round pick and it’s time to find out if it truly was wasted. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He did a good job on the dozen tackles he got.

Dude he doesn't freakin play bc he's stuck playing behind our only pro bowl defender! 

How is anyone supposed to put up snaps if you're playing behind Kerrigan who plays almost every snap every year?

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Dude he doesn't freakin play bc he's stuck playing behind our only pro bowl defender! 

How is anyone supposed to put up snaps if you're playing behind Kerrigan who plays almost every snap every year?

I think the point is, if he was good, he'd find the field...

5 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Can't call him good either. 

Also, you used to call Trent Murphy a stud run defender. Just sayin. 

Don't be surprised if Anderson doesn't see another players name ahead of him on the depth chart this season. 

I’d say with Anderson its a TBD. I'm not sure how we can call him good or bad at the point in his career.

If a guy doesn't get snaps bc he's playing behind Kerrigan, how are we supposed to truly evaluate what kind of player he is going to be in the NFL other than what he was in college?

Trent Murphy is a stud run defender. I was right about him. 

Everything I ever said in my analysis of Trent Murphy was spot on. 

@turtle28 I would love to say I admire your passion to see the good in things, and maybe some day I could, but sometimes you just have to pick your battles. Most of this board is likely to not have the patience you do considering where this team is and who is running it. Your views are certainly different than a lot of ours, and at some point you might just have to admit being wrong. 

I just can't see any flash from Anderson that says, yep he needs to be on the field. 

Archived