Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

And if we were paying $84M to resurrect Sean Taylor in his prime, so be it.

We.
Aren't.
Getting.
Sean.
Taylor.

Yet 84 million guaranteed is what the League had to give a mediocre Kirk Cousins, and we saw how it blew up in thier face. So I'll pay Collins his guaranteed 45 million over 3 seasons to make this Defense better and find me a cheaper option at the QB position (Keenum) who is capable of winning with talent around him. 

Look guys!!! We said we needed to do something crazy this offseason to move up the post list😂😂😂. If you guys doubted this FO to grant us the ammo and energy to move up the board now let the posts roll brothers and sisters😂😂😂

Just now, ripsean21 said:

Look guys!!! We said we needed to do something crazy this offseason to move up the post list😂😂😂. If you guys doubted this FO to grant us the ammo and energy to move up the board now let the posts roll brothers and sisters😂😂😂

Silver lining is it is helping the post count.

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

The Lafemina firing got us over the Vikings forum I think.  

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Yet 84 million guaranteed is what the League had to give a mediocre Kirk Cousins, and we saw how it blew up in thier face. So I'll pay Collins his guaranteed 45 million over 3 seasons to make this Defense better and find me a cheaper option at the QB position (Keenum) who is capable of winning with talent around him. 

Keenum isn't lifting the offensive talent around here.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They did crazy alright.

Just not smart crazy.

Just now, Woz said:

Yeah, Keenum was one of the league's worst QBs last season with Sanders, Sutton and Lindsay.  Not nearly as good as the quality of weapons he had in Minny, but much better than what we are going to have for him this year.  

Thats your opinion. 

That's where the NFL is signing contracts. https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

Position Franchise Tag Transition Tag
QB $24,865,000 $22,783,000
DE $17,128,000 $14,360,000
WR $16,787,000 $14,794
CB $16,022,000 $13,703,000
LB $15,443,000 $13,222,000
DT $15,209,000 $12,378,000
OL $14,067,000 $12,866,000
RB $11,214,000 $9,099,000
S $11,150,000 $9,531,000
TE $10,387,000 $8,815,000
ST $4,971,000 $4,537,000

The NFL as a whole does not value safeties like they do CBs and DEs.

Who? Did you read the article Turtle posted about Collins? Did that player make that article? I dont think so. 

DJ Swearinger.  His AAV is 4.5 million.  PFF has Swearinger rated their 13th overall safety, Landon Collins comes in at 39.  

So we paid $9.5 million more to, at best, come out even, because I'll be the first to admit PFF has it's faults.  But you can also argue we paid that much money to downgrade as well. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Nethier did the 84 million dollar Cousins. Collins on the other will make others around him better on defense. Keenum also is getting paid peenies compared to Cousins yet who has taken thier teams closest to the goal of a SuperBowl. I think that guy is on this team and they only owe him 3.5 million. 

Archived