Washington Free Agency 2019

lavar703

2 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

The Collins can not cover statement is just giants fans trying to make themselves feel good about not resigning him. I have a good amount of giants fans who watch every game and from the games I saw him play that say otherwise. Sure he is not an elite cover safety but definitely a better cover safety than D.J. He is an in the box safety but I think people are undervaluing what a great in the box safety can do. Landon Collins is a young safety who is going to be a real asset for our defense. The money is hard to look at but it will be worth it and we can make cap room by cutting the guys who do not play worth their pay.

Ya but we were paying Swearinger $4.5 mil a year, not $14.....

Just now, Skins212689 said:

So my point was the Vikings look more stupid than We did. He will make this defense better, not hold it back! 

I'm not saying Collins is a bad player, I'm saying that we vastly overpaid for him.  Teams have a fixed cap, meaning you can only allocate so much money to each position.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Ya but we were paying Swearinger $4.5 mil a year, not $14.....

That is a valid point. I am not completely happy with the money, but I am not going to let the contract make me act like Landon Collins is not one of the better safeties in the league.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

@Woz, one thing that is a positive besides the awesomeness which is Brice (s/o @Jeezy Fanatic) is that this move will definitely up our post count here on the forum. Maybe we springboard to #4 just from this FA period alone.

Just will need to stock up on:

4c81d2406f1d8.preview-300.jpg

and

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not saying Collins is a bad player, I'm saying that we vastly overpaid for him.  Teams have a fixed cap, meaning you can only allocate so much money to each position.  

Worried about somebody else's money, not about the talent they just acquired. I'm not getting into a debate about the deal, I like the signing of the player. Once again his guaranteed money isn't 84 million and he isn't gonna hold us back. The Vikings last year made that mistake. 

10 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

@turtle28you been slacking? Full steam ahead and make us number 1 :)

You're right. I left this place for weeks in a row and will probably don't again bc what I said would happen has happened.

Ppl cry when we sign a high priced FA & if we spread the $ out amongst 3 players.

It's a joke

Archived