Some stuff bout to go down?

mistakey

4 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

It's because every team knows that AB wants out of Pittsburgh so that diminishes his value I think. It's also why I have a hard time giving up a 1st for OBJ, on top of the fact that he is a head case and has only played 1 full season in his career. 

Don't confuse the debate with facts. ;)

16 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

It's because every team knows that AB wants out of Pittsburgh so that diminishes his value I think. It's also why I have a hard time giving up a 1st for OBJ, on top of the fact that he is a head case and has only played 1 full season in his career. 

I also believe that everybody knows the Giants are more than willing to trade OBJ if a fair offer comes along. Picks are one thing, but when you start tossing Kevin Zeitlers name in there along with picks is where it stops for me. I would be willing to give up a 1st, 2nd and Duke for OBJ.

Im not giving up Zeitler who is a Pro-Bowl level Guard when our franchise QB is 6 ft tall and requires a great interior line for success. You can talk me into trading assets for OBJ despite his tantrums, injuries and price tag but your not talking me into trading Kevin Zeitler in that package if it comes at the potential cost of Baker taking more hits up the middle every season and being sped up with interior rush.

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I also believe that everybody knows the Giants are more than willing to trade OBJ if a fair offer comes along. Picks are one thing, but when you start tossing Kevin Zeitlers name in there along with picks is where it stops for me. I would be willing to give up a 1st, 2nd and Duke for OBJ.

Im not giving up Zeitler who is a Pro-Bowl level Guard when out franchise QB is 6 ft tall and requires a great interior line for success. You can talk me into trading assets for OBJ despite his tantrums, injuries and price tag but your not talking me into trading Kevin Zeitler in that package if it comes at the potential cost of Baker taking more hits up the middle every season and being sped up with interior rush.

I think that is a fair assessment. I admittedly bias because I'm not an OBJ fan but your point is valid. I also place more value in draft picks then you do but other then that I agree. The draft is where teams can get cost effective elite talant especially in the 1st 2 rounds imo and that is worth a lot maybe not this year with our cap situation but in a couple years we will be happy we have those really good cheap players. 

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I think that is a fair assessment. I admittedly bias because I'm not an OBJ fan but your point is valid. I also place more value in draft picks then you do but other then that I agree. The draft is where teams can get cost effective elite talant especially in the 1st 2 rounds imo and that is worth a lot maybe not this year with our cap situation but in a couple years we will be happy we have those really good cheap players. 

Oh I would be more than happy taking OBJ with picks. I am just not willing to go to the extent some others on this board are. Not even close really

21 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not giving up Zeitler who is a Pro-Bowl level Guard when our franchise QB is 6 ft tall and requires a great interior line for success. You can talk me into trading assets for OBJ despite his tantrums, injuries and price tag but your not talking me into trading Kevin Zeitler in that package if it comes at the potential cost of Baker taking more hits up the middle every season and being sped up with interior rush.

Baker is closer to 6'2 than 6'feet.

It sounds like I'm nitpicking but when people start throwing out his height like it's a huge deal I feel like they should be corrected.

I'm not thrilled with the idea of giving up Zeitler but I'd have to wait and see how it plays out.

People forget Zeitler was just a slightly above average guard until Baker and then Freddie took over. His PFF grades weren't great. If Corbett fills in nicely and does a good job then obviously the deal was worth it.

People were pissed and angry and flipping tables, etc... when we drafted Baker. It's fine to disagree but LET IT PLAY OUT before throwing tantrums or making unsubstantiated declarative objections.

11 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Baker is closer to 6'2 than 6'feet.

It sounds like I'm nitpicking but when people start throwing out his height like it's a huge deal I feel like they should be corrected.

Since when is 6 feet 5/8 inches closer to 6’2’ than 6?

I picked the wrong thread to wander into without digital footballs

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wtf is a back door trade 

Oh yeah I saw them at The Grog Shop the other day

58 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

giphy.gif

This was arguably the most diabolical episode of all time. 

58 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:
1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Since when is 6 feet 5/8 inches closer to 6’2’ than 6?

I assumed it was 6'1 5/8 inches.

I stand corrected.

He may be taller now. Mayfield's hands were 9.25" at the combine (9.5 at the senior bowl) but Dorsey said when they brought him in for a workout they measured them at 9.75.

43 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He may be taller now. Mayfield's hands were 9.25" at the combine (9.5 at the senior bowl) but Dorsey said when they brought him in for a workout they measured them at 9.75.

And according to the conspicuous event that moves athletes up and down draft boards, Kyler Murray evidently grew a little also. 

The miracle of science? Or the nfl channeling more money off of the consumer?

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

And according to the conspicuous event that moves athletes up and down draft boards, Kyler Murray evidently grew a little also. 

The miracle of science? Or the nfl channeling more money off of the consumer?

I swear I heard all season that he was 5'8' MAYBE 5'9". He goes to the combine and now hes a hair over 5'10"? Fishy Fishy 

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I swear I heard all season that he was 5'8' MAYBE 5'9". He goes to the combine and now hes a hair over 5'10"? Fishy Fishy 

Ahh the miracle of the underwear olympics!

BTW you’ve dropped down boards because of your negativity. 

Archived