Ahmad Brooks visiting Packers

MacReady

18 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

R-E-L-A-X

They haven't even gone out to dinner yet...gotta have some foreplay first

I'm married.  What's foreplay again?

Having a tough day at work...lots of work...lots of pain....coming here to see that we signed him....killing me that nothing has been reported yet!

35 minutes ago, jleisher said:

This is driving me nuts,  any news yet?  It should be soon since CMJ is out with tightness in his thighs.  Perry's ankle and Clay's thighs, here we go again.

is the groin the thigh? Lol

33 minutes ago, jleisher said:

This is driving me nuts,  any news yet?  It should be soon since CMJ is out with tightness in his thighs.  Perry's ankle and Clay's thighs, here we go again.

It's just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt, but somebody claimed that word in the local real estate community was that Brooks is looking for a condo. 

What's not a rumor is that the other team in play for Brooks, the Broncos, just signed a LB today to fill their free roster spot.

5 minutes ago, Revel8 said:

It's probably the combination of it all reaching a tipping point. 

- The starters' injury histories

- Perry going down in game 3

- Matthews with a slight groin injury

- Elliott having back spasms

- Rookie Biegel still injured and probably unable to contribute at a high level immediately after return

- Depth behind all these players above not being well suited for major playing time

- Considering the circumstances surrounding his release, it's likely Brooks' level of play is still starter quality

I'm sure all play. He was also released Friday. We've brought up the Saturday injuries but they might have even talked to him before that stuff. He wasnt available until the day before either.

12 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I'm sure all play. He was also released Friday. We've brought up the Saturday injuries but they might have even talked to him before that stuff. He wasnt available until the day before either.

Agreed, chances are good that happened and make it even more likely that Brooks would sign with Green Bay.  He probably wants a ring and probably wants to maintain a big role in the defense he plays for.  Green Bay offers that, especially after the recent injury news.  If they reached out to him before the game Saturday and he sees all these extra injuries stacked on top of the ones the Packers already had, that might make him even more inclined to sign a deal.

Archived