Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Wouldn't the one year deals be a problem to make it continuous?

Yes, which is why I mentioned the FA process would need to be adjusted.  

22 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I think we can still have that simplicity on multi year deals, by eliminating the top 51 cap and using something as simple as an APY value, although I hate to kill the accumulated dead money by eliminating the signing bonus, but just using a percentage of the APY to determine the base and bonus.

lol...no one reads my post.

Just now, ny92mike said:

Yes, which is why I mentioned the FA process would need to be adjusted.  

lol...no one reads my post.

Yeah could be something like years, APY and then choosing how you want to structure it(frontloaded/even/backloaded). 

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Yeah could be something like years, APY and then choosing how you want to structure it(frontloaded/even/backloaded). 

I think it has potential, we can work on a set of proposed guidelines for this down the road and make adjustments to it.  

Right now I just think it would be cool.  There are currently two different types of a sim floating around the forum one that uses a system that generates wins and losses and the other which is done using a voting system to determine each weeks matchups, both have pros and cons.  But I think to start this sim out we keep it rather simple and focus the first year on just the offseason.  I'm personally not a fan of voting on each game for 17 weeks as it gets old and repetitive rather quickly.  The fun for me is the offseason so I'd like to focus on that and build it up each year.

My thing is mainly with these QBs, I'm looking at them in context of last year's QBs and next year's QBs. I put none of them ahead of (In no particular order) m Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Tua, Herbert and Fromm as prospects. Then after that, I probably put Murray and Lock in the same discussion as Allen, Jackson, and Costello. But so that means that as prospects in this three year stretch, I don't have a single QB in my top 5 QBs. Haskins doesn't break my top 10 in this three year stretch. But so if I'm looking at this all, that just means I'm not touching any of them in the top 10. I understand why teams would do it, I just don't want to be the team to do it. 

Just now, LuckyNumber11 said:

My thing is mainly with these QBs, I'm looking at them in context of last year's QBs and next year's QBs. I put none of them ahead of (In no particular order) m Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Tua, Herbert and Fromm as prospects. Then after that, I probably put Murray and Lock in the same discussion as Allen, Jackson, and Costello. But so that means that as prospects in this three year stretch, I don't have a single QB in my top 5 QBs. Haskins doesn't break my top 10 in this three year stretch. But so if I'm looking at this all, that just means I'm not touching any of them in the top 10. I understand why teams would do it, I just don't want to be the team to do it. 

QBs are always over drafted.  They are such an important part of any successful team.  Many guys sees different things in different prospects just like in any other position.  I can’t fault anyone for taking their guy at that position.

2 minutes ago, daineraider said:

QBs are always over drafted.  They are such an important part of any successful team.  Many guys sees different things in different prospects just like in any other position.  I can’t fault anyone for taking their guy at that position.

I don't fault anyone for it either, I just wanted to explain my earlier posts. Offered opinion without much substance earlier 

57 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’ll be waiting until the very last second of my time OTC even though my pick has generated zero interest, but I’ll wait for no reason just in case someone randomly changes their mind 

He rushes all of us and then milks it out on his turn.

Archived