Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

@ny92mike, just a couple corrections to the draft order. The Rams have pick #31 in the 3rd. The Jaguars have pick #35. The Rams have pick #36. And the Panthers have pick #37.

Are these trades that happened in the mock?  I don't see these in the last group of trades made.  

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Are these trades that happened in the mock?  I don't see these in the last group of trades made.  

No. That is how the draft order is in real life. The Rams traded the Jaguars a conditional third. The condition was if the Rams received a third round comp pick, the Jaguars would receive it. If they did not, the Jaguars would get #31. The Rams received two third round comp picks (#35 and #36), so the Jaguars received the first third round comp pick (#35), which means the Rams keep #31. It looks like there was an error when inputting the picks because, IRL, the Panthers received #37 and the Rams received #36, but it shows the Panthers at #36 and the Rams at #37. You can see the draft order here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No. That is how the draft order is in real life. The Rams traded the Jaguars a conditional third. The condition was if the Rams received a third round comp pick, the Jaguars would receive it. If they did not, the Jaguars would get #31. The Rams received two third round comp picks (#35 and #36), so the Jaguars received the first third round comp pick (#35), which means the Rams keep #31. It looks like there was an error when inputting the picks because, IRL, the Panthers received #37 and the Rams received #36, but it shows the Panthers at #36 and the Rams at #37. You can see the draft order here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

Why do we wait until the 57th pick to bring this stuff up.

We started the mock out with the draft order that was pulled from one the the KC guys post.  It was a solid draft board at the time we pulled it.  Granted the conditional draft picks were not listed yet.

This is something we'll look at in the future because I just don't think it's right to go changing picks around this late in the mock.  Especially, only a few picks away from the 3rd round.  Teams have been planning their draft board according to what they've been shown for a few weeks now.  I know if someone was coming after my picks right now I'd be pissed.

If you wanna track down who currently owns these picks and see if they are willing to give them up cool.  I just don't agree with doing it this late in the game.  

To solve this next year, we'll need to postpone the actual draft until the official draft order is released.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Why do we wait until the 57th pick to bring this stuff up.

We started the mock out with the draft order that was pulled from one the the KC guys post.  It was a solid draft board at the time we pulled it.  Granted the conditional draft picks were not listed yet.

This is something we'll look at in the future because I just don't think it's right to go changing picks around this late in the mock.  Especially, only a few picks away from the 3rd round.  Teams have been planning their draft board according to what they've been shown for a few weeks now.  I know if someone was coming after my picks right now I'd be pissed.

If you wanna track down who currently owns these picks and see if they are willing to give them up cool.  I just don't agree with doing it this late in the game.  

To solve this next year, we'll need to postpone the actual draft until the official draft order is released.

I've been busy with work and doing my best to just stay afloat to this point. It started late and moved a lot faster than I expected. I figured the draft order would be right, so I didn't even look at it until now (and I only looked at it now to figure out when I next pick because I am in trial next week and will have to send out my draft board to somebody).

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Sorry @ny92mike.  We thought we had most of the kinks on the draft order worked out 

No worries, man. Nobody expects perfection. You'd have to be a fan of all 32 teams to know all the nuances they throw into these conditional trades.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I've been busy with work and doing my best to just stay afloat to this point. It started late and moved a lot faster than I expected. I figured the draft order would be right, so I didn't even look at it until now (and I only looked at it now to figure out when I next pick because I am in trial next week and will have to send out my draft board to somebody).

Right, I'm hoping to get next years mock rolling in the right direction.  

I think we should use the correct order as much as possible. So the Jags should get the correct pick from the Dante Fowler trade. 

Pick numbers are going to vary from source to source since there were a couple of players selected in last year's supplemental draft. Some sources include the forfeited 2019 picks and some don't. 

Archived