Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

His hand size is more than fine bigger than alot of QB's drafted in the first round the last few years,

He came out of a similar offense that just produced the NFL MVP, the most TD's for a rookie QB ever and a superbowl participant last year.

And what tells you he can't read defenses?

For a smaller QB though, it's still an issue.

OK awesome, you named two QBs that were successful in one-read offenses (not even sure Mahomes played in that offense though but I'll give it to ya). Now, name me some QBs that failed in one-read offenses. Take a guess which list is longer.

Watching him play told me that and the fact that he wasn't asked to do it also hurts his ability to. Will he learn? Possibly. I'm not willing to find out until the 2nd or 3rd round though.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

For a smaller QB though, it's still an issue.

OK awesome, you named two QBs that were successful in one-read offenses (not even sure Mahomes played in that offense though but I'll give it to ya). Now, name me some QBs that failed in one-read offenses. Take a guess which list is longer.

Watching him play told me that and the fact that he wasn't asked to do it also hurts his ability to. Will he learn? Possibly. I'm not willing to find out until the 2nd or 3rd round though.

It's not a one-read offense, dude.

EDIT: Jared Goff, Patrick Mahomes, and Baker Mayfield all came from Air Raid variants. It's crazy how tired narratives take so long to die.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

EDIT: Jared Goff, Patrick Mahomes, and Baker Mayfield all came from Air Raid variants. It's crazy how tired narratives take so long to die.

LOL It totally was a one-read offense.

You listed a 3 whole QBs who succeeded in the NFL (some for only one year). Great. Now list those who came from those offenses, put up massive numbers, and failed. Looking forward to which list is longer.

12 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Being a short QB isn't a concern in the NFL? Interesting. Not sure how many people would agree with you but I wasn't aware he was measured for MLB. Under 5'10" according to Hauck. So it looks like someone is wrong. 

We do know he's fast, sure do. There's still questions considering some say he's gained weight. 

Regardless, the reasons I'm not a fan of him as a prospect isn't his speed. That's just silly. I do worry about his height bc, whole you feel it's not valid, it certainly is. I worry about his inexperience, inability to read defenses, his hand size, and the basic af offense he ran at OU against defenses that resemble those in high school in the Big12. So yes, I'm not a fan of him as a prospect but not for reasons we're discussing so you're wrong there.

I said being concerned over the difference of fractions of an inch is ridiculous. You already know he's short and he's been measured twice. No new measurement will tell you anything new because it will tell the exact same thing as the previous two measurements: he's short but not too short. You know this. That's the end of it. Make a judgment based on the facts already given to us. Calling for him to be measured again just comes off as a witch hunt to get something that better fits your narrative. Also, you shouldn't be concerned about his hand size either. They've already measured that too and they are more than big enough.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The idea that Lincoln Riley's offense is basic shows a fundamental lack of knowledge about his offense. Damn near every NFL team has called up Oklahoma since he took over trying to copy some of plays and passing concepts. If anything, Lincoln Riley has prepared him better for the NFL than any other coach could.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You listed a 3 whole QBs who succeeded in the NFL (some for only one year). Great. Now list those who came from those offenses, put up massive numbers, and failed. Looking forward to which list is longer.

List QBs from pro style offenses who succeeded and failed. Can guarantee you the list of failures is longer. Your reasoning is terrible.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Time to be honest. Have you ever actually watched Oklahoma football? Because the Oklahoma offense is literally not a "one-read" offense. You can turn on tape from every game and find Murray executing complex NFL concepts at a high level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Time to be honest. Have you ever actually watched Oklahoma football? Because the Oklahoma offense is literally not a "one-read" offense. You can turn on tape from every game and find Murray executing complex NFL concepts at a high level.

Yep, watched plenty. Also watched a good portion of that video that is a cutup of every single throw Murray made last year. Quite a lot of latching onto the only WR he looks at and waiting for him to get open. That's definitely NFL concepts at a high level. but you're right, I just come here and make baseless claims w/ no substance 9_9 9_9 9_9

There, I said what you're waiting to hear. Sorry for interrupting your day. 

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

List QBs from pro style offenses who succeeded and failed. Can guarantee you the list of failures is longer. Your reasoning is terrible.

You're the one saying a narrative is busted by listing 3 QBs, champ. Not me. Feel free to not change the subject...... Love on the Graham Harrell signed football you got there

Edited by JTagg7754