Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If he makes it to 19, that is.

Vrabel, Robinson, and Kerry Coombs (DB coach) were all at Vandy's Pro Day, so it seems they're really interested in Joejuan Williams in the later rounds as well.

Joejuan isn't making it to the later rounds. He'll go early 3rd at the latest, I'm guessing.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Joejuan isn't making it to the later rounds. He'll go early 3rd at the latest, I'm guessing.

I probably should've been clearer.  I meant later rounds as in later than the first.

I assume few people are making mocks beyond the first round.

Andrew Van Ginkel ran an impressive 4.56 40 at linebacker, solid number for a edge rusher like him.  Very interesting 3/4 OLB prospect with obviously fine athletic ability. 

Tre Lamar had a bad 40 time though at 4.95 and 4.97, same with Kendall Joseph with a similar number.  Good bench numbers though at 25 reps, still that time might drop Lamar for sure.  Physically looks built no doubt but obviously his foot speed is a big time question now.  

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Andrew Van Ginkel ran an impressive 4.56 40 at linebacker, solid number for a edge rusher like him.  Very interesting 3/4 OLB prospect with obviously fine athletic ability. 

Van Ginkel needs to improve against the run, but he's made quite a few splash plays for Wisconsin. I thought this might be an interesting comp, athletically, if not exactly playing style. I promise it's not just the long blond hair. ;)

Clay Matthews:

Height 6' 3" 77
Weight 240 lbs 53
Arm Length 32¼" 34
Hand Size 9½" 42
10 Yard Split 1.49s 98
40 Yard Dash 4.62s 70
Vertical Jump 35½" 63
Broad Jump 121" 74
3-Cone Drill 6.9s 81
20 Yard Shuttle 4.18s 75

Andrew Van Ginkel:

40 yard dash: 4.56

Height 6' 3½" 91
Weight 241 lbs 53
Wingspan 77⅜" 56
Arm Length 32½" 55
Hand Size 9⅜" 29
Vertical Jump 38" 87
Broad Jump 123" 85
3-Cone Drill 6.89s 82
20 Yard Shuttle 4.14s 82
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, reamer said:

Van Ginkel needs to improve against the run, but he's made quite a few splash plays for Wisconsin. I thought this might be an interesting comp, athletically, if not exactly playing style. I promise it's not just the long blond hair. ;)

Clay Matthews:

Height 6' 3" 77
Weight 240 lbs 53
Arm Length 32¼" 34
Hand Size 9½" 42
10 Yard Split 1.49s 98
40 Yard Dash 4.62s 70
Vertical Jump 35½" 63
Broad Jump 121" 74
3-Cone Drill 6.9s 81
20 Yard Shuttle 4.18s 75

Andrew Van Ginkel:

40 yard dash: 4.56

Height 6' 3½" 91
Weight 241 lbs 53
Wingspan 77⅜" 56
Arm Length 32½" 55
Hand Size 9⅜" 29
Vertical Jump 38" 87
Broad Jump 123" 85
3-Cone Drill 6.89s 82
20 Yard Shuttle 4.14s 82

I agree Van Ginkel does need to improve against the run and at the point of attack is no where near what Matthews was late in his career at USC at the line of scrimmage being able to hold his own.  Will be interesting how he fits, can go out in coverage and do some damage as well and defends the pass also.  Not sure he has the ceiling Matthews did and honestly Van Ginkel would be lucky to even be a 2nd rounder possibly but most likely will end up as a 3rd or 4th rounder. 

Again I thought Van Ginkel was going to be a little more productive this past year but never turned out for him, did have a few very good games but overall was a little disappointing in his production.  Lot different being the man out there compared to just a backup who can come in and out and benefit off the talent around you getting attention.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

This feels like a good time for Lamar and not so great for Mullen.

I agree it is, but that 40 time is hard to overlook, it was pretty bad for a ILB I thought he would run a little better.

Sean Bunting 6.78 3-cone at Central Michigan pro day. Does he go in round 2?

Xavier Crawford re-ran the 40 and supposedly improved to 4.30 from 4.48 at the combine. Said he was really nervous at the combine.

Penny Hart apparently ran the 40 either in the 4.5's or 4.6's. Might have been hurt.

Dillon Mitchell 6.93 3-cone at Oregon pro day. Didn't even know they had it yesterday.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

@goldfishwars If you like RAS, I strongly recommend downloading the tool (it's free). Extremely useful database, and there's also link to game stats, film, breakdowns, etc. You can either rely on the 1 - 10 color coded scale, or you can set your own thresholds and see if prospects exceed them -- or fail. Hugely helpful if you're a numbers nerd like I am. :)

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2018/02/17/ras-metrics-download/

• Like 1