Browns trade Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon

ReggieCamp

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a pretty decent starter and reasonably capable pass rusher who’s gonna get the benefit of playing opposite Garrett.

He’s a good player, overpaid.  Luckily the Giants are eating a lot of that salary.

Looks to me like his cap hit will be 15.5 for 2019 and 2020. As far as I know the Giants aren't taking on any salary, they are just on the books for the 8 million in signing bonus over the next 2 years.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

If Corbett is really good we have to look at

Is the 33rd pick and our 5gh worth Vernon and a 4th?

that's really what is boils down to 

I'd say so I like Vernon back in a 43

but man it pisses me off on the Chad Thomas pick now. Like I said when we picked him and Corbett I just dont get it

It could always been scheme and coaching that held back the other guys on the DL not named Ogunjobi and Garrett. Those guys look specially.   No other DL looked very good last year and Ogbah IMO took a major step back. Now they a better scheme for the front 7 IMO and they brought a DL coach that was very highly regarded. 

Lets allow a young guy to develop. 

Just now, dawgpound1816 said:

$8 mil of his salary this year, and $4 mil next year as the Giants can spread over 2 years.

Vernon was statistically overall rated #3 out of 74 in the NFL as a Rush OLB last year. 

Which is very solid. Now Changing him back to his best position as a DE. Seems like the guy could be written in to get 6-7 sacks next year. He hasn’t had less than 6.5 sacks in a season since his rookie year in ‘12. Hell the dude racked up 6-7 sacks the past two seasons only playing 11-12 games. Now add in less pressure cause of Garrett and Ogun and potential a 1st rd pick DT. If he is healthy, I could easily see him get 7 sacks. Ogbah career high was 5. 

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I wonder how much longer Emmanuel Ogbah has with the Browns now.

I'd be mildly surprised if he were cut, unless we add another DE or two in the draft. Ogbah is still solid, just never lived up to the hopes we had for him. Now I don't think he'll receive a second contract with us, but he's not a bad player to have.

Just now, DawgX said:

I'd be mildly surprised if he were cut, unless we add another DE or two in the draft. Ogbah is still solid, just never lived up to the hopes we had for him. Now I don't think he'll receive a second contract with us, but he's not a bad player to have.

Hell no to cutting him. He is cheap depth at the very worst. I was thinking trade. Could we potentially use him to fill another need in a trade or possibly a draft day trade to move up and get a guy we want. He's too valuable to just cut.

Archived