Pats acquire Eagles DE Michael Bennett

AlNFL19

Don't like the bit in the Patspulpit article about him wanting a pay raise, but otherwise I would imagine one has to be fairly pleased with this assuming the compensation isn't ridiculous.

Guesses on the picks?

16 minutes ago, biggbrd said:

Don't like the bit in the Patspulpit article about him wanting a pay raise, but otherwise I would imagine one has to be fairly pleased with this assuming the compensation isn't ridiculous.

Guesses on the picks?

Patriots receive Bennett and a 2020 7th round pick and they give up their 2020 5th round pick.

32 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Patriots receive Bennett and a 2020 7th round pick and they give up their 2020 5th round pick.

So essentially free, cool.

I know Ernie Adams is a huge fan of Bennett - that's clear in the Do You Job documentary.

EDIT: Also spells, even more clearly, that Flowers is gone.

1 hour ago, biggbrd said:

Guesses on the picks?

His base salary for 2019 is $6.2M. That's a ridiculous bargain for a pass rusher who is still playing at a high level. His play merits getting paid the over/under at $10M AAV and that still might be too low. I can't stand the guy. He's one of the worst scums in the entire league, but he's also been the closest thing to Richard Seymour since Richard Seymour so I'll take this medicine....

53 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Apparently the Pats are shopping Clayborn - makes sense since he was pretty much a non-factor last year. However bringing in Bennett to then ditch Clayborn doesn't really change things roster wise. What's Clayborn's cap hit?

4 million 

3 hours ago, Asciimo said:

hope the bennett brothers can pull a few more years and help get us a ring. win now mode.

That's a stretch.

A run this year with Gronk and both Bennett's in tow before they all retire seems realistic to me.

Archived