Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m with ya, but then i look at the Browns and i wanna be doing what they are.

Legit cannot believe i just said that.

lol I hear yeah. But fact is even before the trade for OBJ they were closer to contending then we are.

Edited by Trentwannabe

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Hopefully thats where a TE comes into play. Whether its Kroft or Croom or a rookie, someone who can be Mr. Reliable. I think Beasley fits this mold as well. 

Zay Jones going into year 3 could be something special and Foster has spent the off-season training in Buffalo and is going to California to work with Josh Allen tomorrow. Maybe he takes another big step too.

Yeah I’d lovvvveeeee Hockenson/Fant.

I’d be all for D Line if we can get one of them later on, maybe a trade back up? If we get Ansah though i think that means we are almost for sure going offense round one. But who knows.

Sal Capaccio  🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 8m8 minutes ago

More

Feeling from some around the league I spoke with is there is still some concern about RT Daryl Williams' knee, which is why we haven't seen any movement on him. Looks like teams may want to get him into their facility and see him before going down that road.

Will be interesting if the Bills look at him or any other Tackles right now. If not I would say they take one in the first 3 rounds. 

6 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah I’d lovvvveeeee Hockenson/Fant.

I’d be all for D Line if we can get one of them later on, maybe a trade back up? If we get Ansah though i think that means we are almost for sure going offense round one. But who knows.

If the Bills can land Oliver and one of the top 3 TE's I'll consider the draft a success. Hockenson reminds me of a tad slower Greg Olsen but like Greg is such a team first guy and would be great for the locker room and Allen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m with ya, but then i look at the Browns and i wanna be doing what they are.

Legit cannot believe i just said that.

it still comes down to coaching and mayfield producing. The bucs were said to be this legit contender when they landed Djax and had Mike Evans not saying they are the same caliber as OBJ and Landry but expectations were high and it never materialized with winston taking a step back then and the coaching was atrocious. I think the browns have a great future and will likely win the division not because of this move but because they took a step forward while teams like steelers and ravens took a massive step back and bengals are wondering around confused as to what they are as a team. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Also, rumor mill...Bills interested in trading for Clowney if Ansah doesn’t materialize. I think it may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but rumors still swirling. 

Not sure what the deal would be but it would be a great fit. I think the bills are looking at making a play on offense though as the defense was still top 5 last year. If a move would or could be done it would be for a wr like julio or aj. Atlanta just let their RT go, they may look at Daryl Williams. One option with me speaking out loud would be Julio for 1st rd swaps from 15 to 9 they land Jonah williams or Taylor, bills 2nd rd pick in 2019 and 2020 bills get pick 15 and julio. Not sure if that is enough but thought with what was going on with OBJ and AB. Im sure Atlanta fans would say 2 1st rd picks would be the starting point and i am sure us saying a 3rd and thats it but i think this would be a realistic offer if atlanta would be looking to move julio. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure what the deal would be but it would be a great fit. I think the bills are looking at making a play on offense though as the defense was still top 5 last year. If a move would or could be done it would be for a wr like julio or aj. Atlanta just let their RT go, they may look at Daryl Williams. One option with me speaking out loud would be Julio for 1st rd swaps from 15 to 9 they land Jonah williams or Taylor, bills 2nd rd pick in 2019 and 2020 bills get pick 15 and julio. Not sure if that is enough but thought with what was going on with OBJ and AB. Im sure Atlanta fans would say 2 1st rd picks would be the starting point and i am sure us saying a 3rd and thats it but i think this would be a realistic offer if atlanta would be looking to move julio. 

Given Julio is 30 and probably wants a pay bump to come here, I could see us getting him for closer to what AB was swapped for.

Your idea of 9 for 15 swap plus we give up a 2020 second rounder seems very reasonable, potentially even slight overpayment on our end..   

Edited by NickChowaniec

Makes sense as to why he didn't fly off the market.

Teams probably want a physical/medical check before the figures are finalized like Sal mentioned.

Just hope he's healthy enough to make an investment in. Will be interesting to see how his contract gets structured by whoever gets him.

11 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Given Julio is 30 and probably wants a pay bump to come here, I could see us getting him for closer to what AB was swapped for.

Your idea of 9 for 15 swap plus we give up a 2020 second rounder seems very reasonable, potentially even slight overpayment on our end..   

Its tough age may matter to some but Julio being your #1 threat for 4 years on one last contract is still better then 90 of wr who are on their rookie or 2nd contracts. If giving up 1 to 2 second rd picks at swap 1st that brings the all star threat that fans would love. Keep in mind giving that much up may be a reach for us but for Beane and Mcdermott it not only shows they are serious about winning this could help them actually win and keep their jobs. This is year 3 of a 5 year deal and honestly not many coaches/gms get to year 5 so they are looking to win now and become something. Its all guessing and fun but part of it needs to become a reality to have a long career as a HC/GM. Having Allen succeed is the #1 priority bringing in brown and beasley is definitely nice but if they wanted to make a move for julio this would be the time to do it.

Edited by soflbillsfan

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Daryl Williams resigned with panthers on a 1 year prove it deal

Major bummer. Have to think the injury he's recovering from scared teams away from any long term deal. 

Now he can get healthy, ball out and potentially get paid big next year, he's still only 26.

Edited by NickChowaniec