Adrian Amos and Bryce Callahan watch

WindyCity

Michael Lombado

Adrian Amos would seemingly be an ideal fit for the #Giants as a replacement for Landon Collins, but I’m told per #NFL sources that a robust market is developing for former #Bears safety with several teams showing interest.

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Heard almost nothing about Callahan. I wonder if that means the league is expecting him to stay here. 

I never know what to make of the noise?

Was today’s report legit? Or is it Amos’ agent trying to pull a couple more dollars out of the Bears before the deadline.

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I never know what to make of the noise?

Was today’s report legit? Or is it Amos’ agent trying to pull a couple more dollars out of the Bears before the deadline.

Hopefully tomorrow we get some at least semi-solid info about what’s to come on Wednesday. 

I've sorta gotten used to thinking both will be gone so anything other than that is probably a plus.

It would be nice to keep Callahan but not for the kind of money we're paying Amukamara and we can't give Amos a whole of money when we're gonna have to pay big time for Eddie Jackson.  If Callahan can be had for less I'd love to keep him and if not draft a Slot CB and start over.

It's a bit of a risk but for $850k we play Bush at SS in his contract year looking for a new deal of his own and you have to ask if he isn't quite up to Amos' specs how much less is he really?  Or is he any less at all?  I'd bring in some help from FA for competition and find out what we have in Bush.

44 minutes ago, soulman said:

I've sorta gotten used to thinking both will be gone so anything other than that is probably a plus.

It would be nice to keep Callahan but not for the kind of money we're paying Amukamara and we can't give Amos a whole of money when we're gonna have to pay big time for Eddie Jackson.  If Callahan can be had for less I'd love to keep him and if not draft a Slot CB and start over.

It's a bit of a risk but for $850k we play Bush at SS in his contract year looking for a new deal of his own and you have to ask if he isn't quite up to Amos' specs how much less is he really?  Or is he any less at all?  I'd bring in some help from FA for competition and find out what we have in Bush.

I’ve been assuming both are gone for a while as well and running any mock drafts and offseasons under that assumption. I think if Amos leaves we are gonna bring in a plug-and-play starting SS for 2019 from the saturated FA market and if Bush beats him out in camp then that’s a great thing. 

Archived