Titans sign Adam Humphries WR 4 years 36 mil

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Assuming you're not active in the FA market on players who haven't been released.  But you guys are pretty tight on cap IIRC, so that should likely be the case.

We've now got $12M in cap space. I'm sure we'll make half a dozen or so more cuts to free up another $15M or so.

But I don't think we're gonna be big spenders this year. So we can't win free agency for like the fourth year in a row. 😂

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

We've now got $12M in cap space. I'm sure we'll make half a dozen or so more cuts to free up another $15M or so.

But I don't think we're gonna be big spenders this year. So we can't win free agency for like the fourth year in a row. 😂

Progress!

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I really wanted the 49ers to try and acquire JPP. 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I doubt it. Like I said before, he's the first player to get double digit sacks for us in over a decade. It would be odd to trade him away.

Yeah, but the 49ers have a slightly used and more expensive Kwon Alexander they can offer. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Cuz NFL free agency day 1.

Teams are literally paying top of the market value for every one of these guys.

And as Kevin Clark said, there  is 1 billion dollars in cash in play, and very few actually good free agents. That money was going to fly around for sure. 

Just now, Forge said:

And as Kevin Clark said, there  is 1 billion dollars in cash in play, and very few actually good free agents. That money was going to fly around for sure. 

It does every year.

The great players rarely hit free agency as they get tagged or long term deals, so the remaining good talent gets payed as if they’re great.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It does every year.

The great players rarely hit free agency as they get tagged or long term deals, so the remaining good talent gets payed as if they’re great.

Which was exactly the point of the newest CBA. Veteran players get a much bigger chunk of the cash while rookies are on a scale.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Which was exactly the point of the newest CBA. Veteran players get a much bigger chunk of the cash while rookies are on a scale.

Great point. The 2nd contract were always going to hyperinflate. 

Most of the players should punch for 1 million min salary.

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh I get it from that perspective, but from a value perspective i teams are better off looking elsewhere early in free agency.

Not many value propositions to be had today.

Archived