Jets to sign LB CJ Mosley

AustrianNiner

21 minutes ago, DawgX said:

There were rumors Cleveland was interested in him. I'm very happy they didn't go after him at that price. Mosley is a good LB, but a bit overrated and not worth that much money. That's just absurd.

Literally everyone and their mom had/has the take this week that CJ Mosley is overrated. So, he's not.

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Literally everyone and their mom had/has the take this week that CJ Mosley is overrated. So, he's not.

Well the way he's being paid does not match what he gives you on the field, IMO.

Mosley is the perfect example of a player where PFF's grading doesn't work on. He's not inconsistent, but you can tell he's the type of player who makes plays at the right time. He's kind of a silent assassin who rises to the occasion. But that doesn't mean he doesn't try; he's very instinctive, he's a leader, he's a pro-locker room presence. No, he's not great in coverage, but he's right where you'd expect a middle linebacker to be. He's an elite run defender, will be a captain, and will be the QB of the front seven. Guys like him never hit free agency. He'll play well into the 5th year of his contract, maybe more. He's David Harris 2.0. 

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I’m not disagreeing with your point, but are there really 20 teams that could afford it?  

If so that makes me even more sad considering Panthers only have 17m total.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26152059/set-spend-big-2019-nfl-salary-cap-space-all-32-teams

By my quick count, only 13 couldn't really afford to sign a player to that much money - but one of them is the Chiefs, who have more space than that after releasing Houston (and they signed a player to $14 mil per year). So I think I was about spot on with 20.

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Mosley is the perfect example of a player where PFF's grading doesn't work on. He's not inconsistent, but you can tell he's the type of player who makes plays at the right time. He's kind of a silent assassin who rises to the occasion. But that doesn't mean he doesn't try; he's very instinctive, he's a leader, he's a pro-locker room presence. No, he's not great in coverage, but he's right where you'd expect a middle linebacker to be. He's an elite run defender, will be a captain, and will be the QB of the front seven. Guys like him never hit free agency. He'll play well into the 5th year of his contract, maybe more. He's David Harris 2.0. 

All true but he’s still not worth this much money.  Too slow to the action at times.  I suppose it works for the Jets since they have the need and cap space.

Archived