Jets to sign LB CJ Mosley

AustrianNiner

Do people realize that there are nearly 20 teams that could potentially afford to pay one player this much money - and a few that could pay multiple players this much money (for this season).

So what are people expecting? There aren't that money players available to (somewhat) justify paying that much money to, so we get some "overpays" - but this makes so much sense for the Jets. His contract will be up by the time Darnold re-signs.

42 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I wonder if they even saw him play the last couple of years.... 17M/year for a guy who is (at this point) a below average starter...

Don't even know what to say....

I'm not mad the Ravens didn't keep Mosley, but to call him a below average starter is more than crazy talk.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Mosley is a 4x Pro Bowler and 4x All Pro (2nd team).  He’s not Kuechly, but he’s an excellent player.

This contract is more defensible to me than most of what I’ve seen thus far.

Yeah those accolades are overblown. He's not an elite ILB at all. This is a hilarious contract but hey I'm excited for that 3rd round comp. pick!

17 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Do people realize that there are nearly 20 teams that could potentially afford to pay one player this much money - and a few that could pay multiple players this much money (for this season).

I’m not disagreeing with your point, but are there really 20 teams that could afford it?  

If so that makes me even more sad considering Panthers only have 17m total.  

Just now, The Third Rider said:

He will never live up to this contract. You don’t build a good team by over paying players. Good luck.

agreed. how could he live up to that contract,he had a much better team around him in BMore (Defense alone) so his play, much like everyone elses, was increased by all around team effort.

good luck to build on him when there is not much of a secondary in place.

7 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

agreed. how could he live up to that contract,he had a much better team around him in BMore (Defense alone) so his play, much like everyone elses, was increased by all around team effort.

good luck to build on him when there is not much of a secondary in place.

And apparently the plan here for the Jets is to just bring in talented guys and have Gregg Williams build the scheme around them. That's not how a good defense has ever been built.

Archived