Jets to sign LB CJ Mosley

AustrianNiner

Holy hell.

I mean, I guess I'm not surprised by players getting laughably paid anymore...but thats alot for an 2nd or 3rd tier ILB.       He's good....but not elite or even great.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Holy hell.

I mean, I guess I'm not surprised by players getting laughably paid anymore...but thats alot for an 2nd or 3rd tier ILB.       He's good....but not elite or even great.

I'd say he's bottom of the 1st tier. Very top of the 2nd tier at worst. This is still way too much money though, agree with you there.

Good player to have on your D!

It seems like every deal is going through with surprise, but that is the way of the world now. I don't see it changing. Teams can obviously say no, but there'll always be one open to picking it up. 

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Guaranteed money doesn't affect the cap. It's just straight cash in Mosley's pocket.

I know, but it means they are committing $17M for 3 years (assuming the gtd is front loaded). Each deal I see just seems more reckless, fringe pro bowlers at best getting paid star money. This happens every year at 1 or 2 positions, yes, but across the board? I don't think this is the norm.

Archived