Packers Expected to sign Za'Darius Smith

Fl0nkerton

From PackersWire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/10/zadarius-smiths-15-5-sacks-in-2019-highlight-incredible-pass-rushing-versatility/

Here’s the number of sacks Z Smith recorded by alignment... with video of all 15.5 sacks:

Left defensive end: 0.5
Stand up linebacker (left middle): 1
Stand up linebacker (right middle): 1
Right defensive tackle: 2.5
Left outside linebacker: 2.5
Right outside linebacker: 3
Right defensive end: 5

https://[LINK ERROR]/wmzfv

35 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From PackersWire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/10/zadarius-smiths-15-5-sacks-in-2019-highlight-incredible-pass-rushing-versatility/

Here’s the number of sacks Z Smith recorded by alignment... with video of all 15.5 sacks:

Left defensive end: 0.5
Stand up linebacker (left middle): 1
Stand up linebacker (right middle): 1
Right defensive tackle: 2.5
Left outside linebacker: 2.5
Right outside linebacker: 3
Right defensive end: 5

https://[LINK ERROR]/wmzfv

Let’s put him at ILB.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

you guys remember when outpost was pissed we signed the smiths? 

On 3/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, Outpost31 said:

This is one I just cannot rationalize.  We got good deals on the other ones.  13 million per for Preston is a good deal, 28 total for Turner is a good deal, under 10 million per for Amos is a damn good deal.

This is the one that's going to keep me up at night.  I see a ceiling of Nick Perry 2017 for Z. Smith.  16 million per is a lot to tie into a player who has never had double digit sacks. 

Sure do 😂😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Sure do 😂😂

Yeah, that’s really not pissed off.  It’s not good to pay any player what we’re about to be paying Smith.  His cap hit goes up to 17, 20 and 20 million.  Do you can sit there and LOL about me being worried about a contract all you want, just hope nobody bumps the Antonio Brown thread or the Aaron Rodgers extension thread or any of the threads where you’ve been wrong.

Saying I can’t rationalize it when there hasn’t been a single EDGE free agent acquisition before Smith to be nearly as effective and saying it’s going to keep me up at night worrying that it’ll be a lot of money for good to alright performance is not being pissed.  Being worried is not being pissed.  

51 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

any of the threads where you’ve been wrong.

I ain't always right, but I ain't never been wrong

Once again, the issue isn't paying Z elite money, its paying elite money for not- elite performance that effs you up.
By every measure... Z's worth his paycheck and that won't kill your cap. He's going to look like a bargain after the next round of FA signings

Just now, Shanedorf said:

I ain't always right, but I ain't never been wrong

Once again, the issue isn't paying Z elite money, its paying elite money for not- elite performance that effs you up.
By every measure... Z's worth his paycheck and that won't kill your cap. He's going to look like a bargain after the next round of FA signings

Yeah, but being worried about him not living up to a contract is not being pissed or saying it was a bad signing.  It was equivalent to being up by 6 points with 5 minutes left in a big game.  Being nervous is not being wrong or pissed.  People are desperate to point out I was wrong about something so they pick my nerves on the Z signing I guess. 

• Like 1

Like, yeah, I was depressed that day.  Happy about Amos because he's the guy I wanted most, but depressed about Z and P.  It worked out really well this year obviously, but the chances of it working out each of the four years for those two still isn't strong.  People are acting like it was a free agent day that will live in infamy, and I get the jokes because I was nervous about them.  Smith and Smith are not certified good signings still.  By any means.  After learning about who Z is and how he carries himself and what he did, obviously you're pretty confident he was a good - great - signing, but acting like it was wrong to be nervous about contracts that will pay 20 million per year is just all sorts of stupid. 

• Like 1

Hindsight is easy ..

It was a huge investment in a defensive player that could have very easily gone wrong. He needed to be a stud this year to justify that contract - fortunately he was so it looks (so far) like Gute nailed it. Think it was reasonable to be a little jittery at the time we signed it.