Amos to Green Bay

beardown3231

54 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Homer Amos hate? Huh? 

Deon Bush has also, actually, proven to be okay when given the chance. Not sure we want "okay" as a starter, though. 

I dont get how it is called homer hate. Bellamy had hate from some of us, McClellin had hate, etc. Saying he isn't worth a top salary isn't hate, it is just a fact. 

I'd be happy trotting Amos back out there, but not if it is going to potentially cost us a better player that makes impact plays. 

I think kicking Clinton-Dix tires is a good move.  He was a guy we looked at drafting in 2014 when we took Fuller and he versatile enough to play either Safety position so he gives us some FS depth as well as the potential to start at SS.

I don't think anyone in the Bears front office or coaching staff is ready to say Bush is the guy just yet.  Signing Clinton-Dix provides some starting caliber competition for SS.  There are others we could look at as well but he knows the NFCN.

But this would be a problem. Signing him for this kind of money would be nuts and Washington wants to keep him if they can.

According to Spotrac, Clinton-Dix is expected to see a deal that could be north of $9 million a year.

If we bring in a vet Safety he's gonna have to cost us a whole lot less than that.

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I think kicking Clinton-Dix tires is a good move.  He was a guy we looked at drafting in 2014 when we took Fuller and he versatile enough to play either Safety position so he gives us some FS depth as well as the potential to start at SS.

I don't think anyone in the Bears front office or coaching staff is ready to say Bush is the guy just yet.  Signing Clinton-Dix provides some starting caliber competition for SS.  There are others we could look at as well but he knows the NFCN.

But this would be a problem. Signing him for this kind of money would be nuts and Washington wants to keep him if they can.

According to Spotrac, Clinton-Dix is expected to see a deal that could be north of $9 million a year.

If we bring in a vet Safety he's gonna have to cost us a whole lot less than that.

9? NINE? I was all for signing Clinton-Dix but expected it to be about $6m a year. There's no way I'd want to pay that much for him, don't see the point of refusing to pay Amos $9.25m a year then going out and spending the same on Clinton-Dix.

Then again, that could just be his agent driving up the price. Look at what happened with Ingram, rumoured to be getting about $9m too then goes and signs for $5m a year.

18 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

9? NINE? I was all for signing Clinton-Dix but expected it to be about $6m a year. There's no way I'd want to pay that much for him, don't see the point of refusing to pay Amos $9.25m a year then going out and spending the same on Clinton-Dix.

Then again, that could just be his agent driving up the price. Look at what happened with Ingram, rumoured to be getting about $9m too then goes and signs for $5m a year.

Kinda what I thought too.  He made about $6 mil last year so I'm thinking maybe $6-$7 mil tops but who knows what Washington may throw at him.

My guess is they're doing what we did with Fuller last year.  They told him to check out his true MV and give them a shot at matching it and he claims he wants to stay with Washington so it may take far more to pry him away just as it did to pry Amos away from us.

It's all just Monopoly money to Snyder.  The Skins are his tax shelter.

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Homer Amos hate? Huh? 

Deon Bush has also, actually, proven to be okay when given the chance. Not sure we want "okay" as a starter, though. 

No Bush hasn't. Stop saying that. It appears when others read that they believe it. 

46 minutes ago, RJ_11 said:

I would absolutely pay more for Haha than Amos.  Don't sleep on Haha. Watch him turn into an all pro with a pass rush. 10 per for him is a steal. 

12 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

I would absolutely pay more for Haha than Amos.  Don't sleep on Haha. Watch him turn into an all pro with a pass rush. 10 per for him is a steal. 

I like the player but I don't want to be taking eight-figure gambles on a strong safety who may be better with a pass rush. We need cheaper options with our cap situation - unless a true difference maker fell in to our laps that we couldn't refuse, like if Le'Veon Bell had for example.

Just now, RJ_11 said:

I like the player but I don't want to be taking eight-figure gambles on a strong safety who may be better with a pass rush. We need cheaper options with our cap situation - unless a true difference maker fell in to our laps that we couldn't refuse, like if Le'Veon Bell had for example.

Haha is a difference maker. He's better than Amos. They're somewhat similar but Haha has much better ball skills. Haha has done it. His play fell off when there whole D fell off a cliff. Haha is a pro bowler here. Mark my words. 

3 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

No Bush hasn't. Stop saying that. It appears when others read that they believe it. 

Well...yeah he has, actually. Ha Ha would be better than Bush, but I don't think the Bears would be able to give him the $9 mil/year he's reportedly seeking. I think if they felt they were able to shell out that kind of money, but still pay Jackson, they would have simply kept Amos. 

To whoever thinks HHCD would be an "upgrade" over a guy like Amos is very clueless. The guys was legit one of the worst players I've watched in the league in the past couple seasons. Some say he was avoiding contact for his pay day but I think that's BS. He consistently takes the worst angles I think I've ever seen out of a DB. And is always seemingly late in his coverages. BUT he's good at catching overthrown balls. 

With that said, I hope the bears do sign him. 

Archived