Le'Veon Bell plans on signing with the Jets

jetskid007

4 minutes ago, BucShot said:

What do you guys think the odds are that you trade down to 6 or 7 and take the top OL on your board their? With Bell and Darnold, I imagine you'd want to protect your investments on that side of the ball.

I think we absolutely field offers for our pick. But the value has to match. We won’t just give away the pick.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we absolutely field offers for our pick. But the value has to match. We won’t just give away the pick.

I imagine it would be a team trading up for Haskins/Murray, so I'm sure you'd be getting back quite a haul.

Adding Bell actually needs to change some of what we do. It will involve Gase and Pollack changing the way we block. These OLineman should be holding onto their blocks for quite a bit longer than they’re used to. Bell is about as patient as it gets as a runner. So it will need symmetry from top to bottom. Pollack is a great OL coach luckily 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Adding Bell actually needs to change some of what we do. It will involve Gase and Pollack changing the way we block. These OLineman should be holding onto their blocks for quite a bit longer than they’re used to. Bell is about as patient as it gets as a runner. So it will need symmetry from top to bottom. Pollack is a great OL coach luckily 

I think this FA period has made me want to trade down more.  Missing out on C has made getting a mid round first or a second really important to me.  

To think that we're paying Le'Veon Bell a mere $1.875 million per year more than the Raiders are paying Tyrell Williams puts things into perspective. Jets did a good job of making sure to spend their dollars on young players in their primes who have Pro Bowl and All-Pro pedigree. 

Missing on Morse and paradis hurts for me. The remaining fa's at center dont impress me. Not a fan of hoping a rookie will be able to step right in either...

I do really hope we move down but I think after fa it's pretty unlikely. I think if the cardinals select Murray at one there will be a bidding war at two for Haskins between the raiders and giants. If the cards dont draft a qb and instead trade down I think that removes the urgency of the giants or raiders to move up becuase there aren't many other teams that would be trying to move up. 

I don't even know what to say, Bell might be the greatest offensive threat we've had in my lifetime. He's Curtis Martin with his patience and vision when running, he's prime Tomlinson catching the ball out of the backfield who can line up at receiver. Words can't even describe how much he's going to help take pressure off of Darnold. 

I read on other pages and we sites that say the Jets over paid him and they bid against themselves. This is just stupid talk to me. We got the best RB in the league at age 27 with a year off to recover and be fresh. Yes he is over Gurley because of Gurley knee problem. Some people make the stupidest comments just to get clicks. 

7 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I read on other pages and we sites that say the Jets over paid him and they bid against themselves. This is just stupid talk to me. We got the best RB in the league at age 27 with a year off to recover and be fresh. Yes he is over Gurley because of Gurley knee problem. Some people make the stupidest comments just to get clicks. 

Only RB I'd take over Bell at this point is Saquon.

Archived