Jerry Rosburg Retiring

AFlaccoSeagulls

This deserves it's own thread. Remember guys, anything that probably has a good amount of discussion all to it's own gets split.

Pretty surprising with no hints about it whatsoever. This is a hit to the team, it will be interesting to see how the special teams unit looks going forward. Maybe Harbaugh finally takes over one phase of the coaching game. Horton is getting promoted to replace Rosburg, but I can't see John not getting more heavily involved in special teams at least. 

I'm really not that worried, as long as Harbaugh is there to direct things. 

I wonder if they will look at bringing in some serious competition for Koch. The punt coverage unit was below average for 2018, and Koch's line drive punts really hurt the Ravens in their playoff loss to the Chargers.

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

I wonder if they will look at bringing in some serious competition for Koch. The punt coverage unit was below average for 2018, and Koch's line drive punts really hurt the Ravens in their playoff loss to the Chargers.

That's Vedvik, assuming his head injury is healed. 

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Koch was my sleeper pick to be cut this offseason and I think he's only got 2 or so years left here at most.

There's little reason not to give Vedvik a shot while we still own his rights.

Its a somewhat interesting time to decide to retire given when coaching moves are usually made, but whatever

He's been a great coach for the franchise and a big part of why the Ravens have continuously had some of the best special teams play for a decade

29 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Its a somewhat interesting time to decide to retire given when coaching moves are usually made, but whatever

He's been a great coach for the franchise and a big part of why the Ravens have continuously had some of the best special teams play for a decade

He mentioned at the press conference, that there was some things he wanted to do related to the combine, which makes me think he wanted to support Horton in interviews perhaps?

Archived