Vikings Sign Josh Kline

SemperFeist

That is two free agent signings now but Kline shouldn't count in the compensatory formula. If nothing else changes the Vikings will still have a net loss of five compensatory free agents. Richardson is at the third round level. Murray and Easton are 6th round level with one cancelled by Shamar Stephen. The rest would be 7th rounders unless Compton got quite a bit more than I imagine.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This signing also opens up their draft options, a bit. Offensive line should still be the primary focus, but getting Kline at RG gives the Vikings some more flexibility in between drafting a guard, or a tackle. 

He's a below average starter. This signing doesn't really change anything, interior OL still needs to be a focus and they need two.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

He's a below average starter. This signing doesn't really change anything, interior OL still needs to be a focus and they need two.

I’ll disagree that he’s below average, he’s average. But, whether you like it or not, this signing pushes the need for interior linemen down, especially if the team does plan of moving Reiff inside. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

So to improve the run blocking were signing a guard who needs work and development as a run blocker.

The poor run blocking last year was just as much, if not more, of a byproduct of the scheme and coaching, as it was the talent. 

The Kubiak/Dennison scheme is going to make things a lot easier for the linemen in the run game. 

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’ll disagree that he’s below average, he’s average. But, whether you like it or not, this signing pushes the need for interior linemen down, especially if the team does plan of moving Reiff inside. 

Moving Reiff to OG doesn't take away the need for two OL unless you're implying that Hill takes over at RT.

Archived