My Annual Forum by Forum Mock Draft

Jason_Bengal_Fl

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You take BPA when there is a generational talent on the board. Plus we aren’t making the playoffs this year and have two 1sts next year. 

I like Q. Generational talent lol cmon man. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Q isn’t generational in this draft no one is. I think he’s better than anyone in this draft and in the last draft. 

I think Q's best attribute is his versatility its the reason i am open to Q at 4 but wouldn't draft Oliver who i believe is just as good as Q at playing 3T. The abilty to play Q next to Hurst inside is something is nice. And the idea of him being able to play DE is awesome.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You take BPA when there is a generational talent on the board. Plus we aren’t making the playoffs this year and have two 1sts next year. 

Crappy logic. No draft pick is a generational talent lol. Generational talents work to get there, they don't just arrive.

Making the playoffs this year has nothing to do with picking players that you need now.  

We will be drafting two DEs in this draft, guaranteed. Which ones and when can be debated, but the best ones will go in the top 20 where we have 1 pick.

Personally i believe in situational BPA. Like say the BPA is like a kicker or at a position that you already have a lot of good-great players at.

When it comes to Q i think that DT might be most important spot in PGs scheme so taking him would be fine. Bosa looks like the most DE of all the pass rushers, everyone else looks like a LB. i think this scheme needs bigger DEs not the smaller ones. 

2 hours ago, true2form said:

Crappy logic. No draft pick is a generational talent lol. Generational talents work to get there, they don't just arrive.

Making the playoffs this year has nothing to do with picking players that you need now.  

We will be drafting two DEs in this draft, guaranteed. Which ones and when can be debated, but the best ones will go in the top 20 where we have 1 pick.

When you are 4-12 the previous season, you draft the best football player. Especially at pick FOUR. Drafting for need is fine at 24. Not 4. If QW and Josh Allen are both on the board, QW is the pick without question. 

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Personally i believe in situational BPA. Like say the BPA is like a kicker or at a position that you already have a lot of good-great players at.

When it comes to Q i think that DT might be most important spot in PGs scheme so taking him would be fine. Bosa looks like the most DE of all the pass rushers, everyone else looks like a LB. i think this scheme needs bigger DEs not the smaller ones. 

Nick Bosa 6'4 266

Josh Allen 6'5 262

Clelin Ferrell  6'4 264

Montez Sweat 6'6 260

Rashan Gary 6'4 277

Charles Omenihu 6'5 280

I don't really see the size issue with those guys...

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

When you are 4-12 the previous season, you draft the best football player. Especially at pick FOUR. Drafting for need is fine at 24. Not 4. If QW and Josh Allen are both on the board, QW is the pick without question. 

Sorry, I disagree.  If a DE is not there at 4, you trade out.  You don't take a player you don't truly need.

Q is a luxury pick.  As a 4-12 team you don't take luxury players. 

33 minutes ago, true2form said:

Sorry, I disagree.  If a DE is not there at 4, you trade out.  You don't take a player you don't truly need.

Q is a luxury pick.  As a 4-12 team you don't take luxury players. 

What if a DE isn’t there and trading out doesn’t happen, who do you pick? Do you reach for another DE or take the BPA (QW)?

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

Nick Bosa 6'4 266

Josh Allen 6'5 262

Clelin Ferrell  6'4 264

Montez Sweat 6'6 260

Rashan Gary 6'4 277

Charles Omenihu 6'5 280

I don't really see the size issue with those guys...

Really I’m just comparing their builds off of what I see. Josh Allen is more in the mold of Aldon Smith. He’s really long which i personally think works for a LB. Bosa is more dense to me like Mack. I think players that are thicker are better in run stopping than leaner guys. 

14 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Really I’m just comparing their builds off of what I see. Josh Allen is more in the mold of Aldon Smith. He’s really long which i personally think works for a LB. Bosa is more dense to me like Mack. I think players that are thicker are better in run stopping than leaner guys. 

I get what you say man, however I think you have to check the player, not the size. 

For example Danielle Hunter plays pretty well as a 4-3DE in a similar scheme and he was ~6-5 250 at his combine...

9 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

What if a DE isn’t there and trading out doesn’t happen, who do you pick? Do you reach for another DE or take the BPA (QW)?

If you can't trade down then you take your top rated DE. Doesn't matter which one it is, who do they think fits PGs system best. 

I know we all like the big boards and the player rankings, but it's all subjective. We all know that players at the top of the draft bust out and 6th rounders become hall of famers. I think we all get caught up in the value game a bit too much. None of it matters if it works out or if it doesn't. 

Remember Jamarcus Russell was projected to be the #1 pick by everyone. We all know how that turned out, but I always laugh when one of experts calls it a bad pick when they projected it in the first place.

Archived