Moretti's March Mock

moretti19

What a fun free agency it has been! Sucks to lose Breeland, overall the defense should be greatly improved however. I do not think we will be seeing any other moves made prior to the draft.

NFL Draft:

RD1 #12

Houston_logo.gif Ed Oliver*, DT, Houston 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 287. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2019): Top-25. 

2/16/19: Oliver was excellent in 2018, showing his great speed and motor, and still managing to produce despite double or triple teams. The junior totaled 54 tackles with 14.5 tackles for a loss, three sacks, one forced fumble and two passes batted on the year. A knee injury caused Oliver to miss some time, and he decided not to play in Houston's bowl game. 

0818-EdOliver-600x0-c-default.jpg

RD1 30

Clemson_logo.gif Clelin Ferrell*, 3-4OLB, Clemson 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 265. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.77. 
Projected Round (2019): 1. 

2/16/19: Ferrell recorded 55 tackles with 11.5 sacks, 19.5 tackles for a loss, four passes batted and three forced fumbles during 2018. Returning to school for 2018 looks like it was a wise decision on his part, because he improved in his run defense and was more stout at the point of attack. However, Ferrell did not as look as fast and explosive over the course of the season. As a result, some team sources are projecting Ferrell as a mid- to late first-round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. 
mOi_JygO_400x400.jpg

RD2:

OhioState_logo.gif Mike Weber*, RB, Ohio State 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 214. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.57. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

3/7/19: Two NFL running backs coaches told me that Weber was one of the backs who impressed them the most at the combine. He ran fast in the 40, ran well in the bag drills, and showed skill as a receiver. Weber could be a steal in the 2019 NFL Draft as he has three-down starting potential with a good skill set of size and speed.

usa_today_11173511.0.jpg

RD3:

OhioState_logo.gif Michael Jordan*, G/C, Ohio State 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 312. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.20. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

3/16/19: Jordan moved to center in 2018 and proved to be a good starter there, which really improves his value for the NFL. In speaking with sources, they see Jordan as a potential second-day pick. Some scouts who were through Ohio State told me that they thought that Jordan was unlikely to enter the 2019 NFL Draft, but after the season, he announced he was skipping his senior year instead

michael-jordan-0fa99f56b375dabb.jpg

RD4

FresnoState_logo.gif Mike Bell*, S, Fresno State 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 203. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.58. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-4. 

3/16/19: Bell ran slower than expected at the combine. In 2018, Bell totaled 87 tackles with eight passes broken up and three interceptions. He had 77 tackles with three breakups and a pick in 2017. Bell has good length and height to help him match up versus big receivers or tight ends. Scouts say they like Bell's versatility. He is a fluid, smooth athlete who is interchangeable between free or strong safety. Bell is really good coming downhill as a run defender while also flashing range and ball skills downfield. Sources feel that Bell will develop into a starter.

Mike+Bell+Fresno+State+vs+UCLA+wvvtgTHAf

RD4

Georgia_logo.gif Terry Godwin, WR, Georgia 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-5. 

3/7/19: Godwin was one of the best players at the East-West Shrine. He ate up the cornerbacks in the one-on-ones as they were incapable of running with him. Godwin is a dangerous route-runner as he explodes out of his breaks and that generates separation. After gaining a step, his speed is too much to handle as he would pull away from corners. In the NFL, he could be a good slot receiver using speed and route-running to get quick separation. With his strong performance through these practices, Godwin could have turned himself into a mid-round prospect in the 2019 NFL Draft. Godwin sat out Georgia's first game of 2018, but had 23 catches for 385 yards and three touchdowns after that.

UGAPM09092017691_copy_71.jpg

RD 5

Miami_logo.gif Michael Jackson, CB, Miami 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 195. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 
Projected Round (2019): 4-6. 

3/16/19: In 2018, Jackson totaled 42 tackles with six passes broken up. Some have projected Jackson as an early-round pick, but in speaking to some team sources, they have graded him well into the third day of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

8/29/18: Jackson was only in his first year starting for the Hurricanes in 2017, but there was talk about him entering the 2018 NFL Draft. In 2017, he totaled four interceptions with five passes broken up and 43 tackles

UMfb112616_130_71.jpg

RD6

Kentucky_logo.gif C.J. Conrad, TE, Kentucky 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.75. 
Projected Round (2019): 4-6. 

3/7/19: Conrad recorded 30 receptions in 2018 for 318 yards with three touchdowns. He is a similar player to former Kentucky tight end Jacob Tamme. While he does not have great speed, Conrad has quality hands and is a nice route-runner. He is also a very good blocker and really contributed to running lanes for Benny Snell. In January, Conrad had a solid week of practice at the East-West Shrine
UK_UF_9_23_17_33_BW.jpg

RD7

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Toledo_logo.gif

Toledo_logo.gif Diontae Johnson*, WR, Toledo 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 181. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.52. 
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA. 

3/7/19: Johnson had 49 catches for 761 yards and eight touchdowns in 2018. He decided to enter the 2019 NFL Draft. Johnson would fit best as a slot receiver. 

Diontae_Johnson.jpg

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php#2soZi2Q0ydK0kJ5x.99

I actually really like this draft. We’d have a scary front 7.

I don’t mind the Weber pick. If we are going to run more this year, we need another quality back in the top 4 rounds (Jones hasn’t held up, and Williams is JAG).

I’d like to see a TE somewhere top 4 rounds.

Thanks! I really like Michael Jordan and am surprised he is not talked about more on here. I like the idea of a RD2 running back whether it be Jacobs from BAMA or Weber. If we are going to run the ball like we need to, we need a couple of legit running backs.

48 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Thanks! I really like Michael Jordan and am surprised he is not talked about more on here. I like the idea of a RD2 running back whether it be Jacobs from BAMA or Weber. If we are going to run the ball like we need to, we need a couple of legit running backs.

I'm honestly shocked Jacobs isn't mocked to us more, he has dropped a bit, but I could see us considering him in Rd2 if he's there. 

13 minutes ago, tredpack said:

I'm honestly shocked Jacobs isn't mocked to us more, he has dropped a bit, but I could see us considering him in Rd2 if he's there. 

I agree and I was very close to using him. To be honest he scares the **** out of me. He greatly benefited from those around him.

I love the idea of a 2nd round RB and was going to put one their in my next mock with Jacobs. This team has a low key need at RB since jones can't stay healthy. Im just not sure I can bring myself to it with holes elsewhere. The first two picks are great, as is a 3rd round lineman. Really don't want to wait till the 4th to fill our safety hole though. I think our 2nd is best suited to fill that hole, with a RB in round four instead

7 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Michael Jordan AND Michael Jackson?!

I've been waiting for a mock with both those guys. I wonder if Jackson will grab his crotch or moonwalk when he picks someone off...

Archived