Raiders sign Isaiah Crowell

agarcia34

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

Forgive me if I don't take your word for it. If you could predict every teams high draft picks with certainty you'd be doing it for money somewhere and not posting on FF forums.

IMO he'll be gone. We can disagree.

He’ll be gone before 24? Can you give some clarity besides just looking at NFL’s draft board? I’ve never seen one mock draft the entire off season where he goes before 22 (and rarely does he go before 24). Jacobs is a great back but he’s not a Top 20 player in this draft. I’d honestly put a Early 2nd Round grade on him myself (although still have him as the best back in the class). I never said I did this for money but it’s well apparent most of us pay more attention to the draft process than you do. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’ll be gone before 24? Can you give some clarity besides just looking at NFL’s draft board? I’ve never seen one mock draft the entire off season where he goes before 22 (and rarely does he go before 24). Jacobs is a great back but he’s not a Top 20 player in this draft. I’d honestly put a Early 2nd Round grade on him myself (although still have him as the best back in the class). I never said I did this for money but it’s well apparent most of us pay more attention to the draft process than you do. 

I believe he might have been talking about pick 35 maybe? not sure though.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Go back one page and read my post please. I was replying to you saying 35. I said he'd be gone by then and that I think this signing pushes the RB need out of the first round for us. Just my opinion.

You obviously don't read posts or have poor comprehension. I didn't say you did it for money either. I was making a point that your opinion is strictly yours and not something I put stock in the way I would someone that is actually paid to do this. 

Seeding players doesn't mean a whole lot at this point but it's all we have to go on so that is what I go on, besides my own feelings,, when saying that most in the industry have him as a top 15-20 player.

Here is a quick run down of his big board position on some of the sites and people I look at.

cbs 22
sporting news 15
the draft network 22
walterfootball 15
drafttek 15
Daniel Jeremiah 7
Mel kiper 22

I myself said that I wouldn't take him that early just like you if you paid attention.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Go back one page and read my post please. I was replying to you saying 35. I said he'd be gone by then and that I think this signing pushes the RB need out of the first round for us. Just my opinion.

You obviously don't read posts or have poor comprehension. I didn't say you did it for money either. I was making a point that your opinion is strictly yours and not something I put stock in the way I would someone that is actually paid to do this. 

Seeding players doesn't mean a whole lot at this point but it's all we have to go on so that is what I go on, besides my own feelings,, when saying that most in the industry have him as a top 15-20 player.

Here is a quick run down of his big board position on some of the sites and people I look at.

cbs 22
sporting news 15
the draft network 22
walterfootball 15
drafttek 15
Daniel Jeremiah 7
Mel kiper 22

I myself said that I wouldn't take him that early just like you if you paid attention.

We are talking about draft position. Look at mocks, there is no one who put him before 22. Jacobs is not a Top 20 talent although still very good. There is just not a lot of teams that need him. I would definitely make any bet you desire that he does not go before 22 (and that’s playing it safe, Ravens are not taking him). I also think he will probably fall out of the 1st altogether. Bucs at pick 39 is my guess. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We are talking about draft position. Look at mocks, there is no one who put him before 22. Jacobs is not a Top 20 talent although still very good. There is just not a lot of teams that need him. I would definitely make any bet you desire that he does not go before 22 (and that’s playing it safe, Ravens are not taking him). I also think he will probably fall out of the 1st altogether. Bucs at pick 39 is my guess. 

Draft position = mocks

Top # talent or prospect = big board

I don't care how you want to try to jam me into your frame of a conversation. This started with you pondering whether we'd take him if he was there at 35. I responded that I didn't think he would be there because most draft pundits have him as a top 15-20 prospect. Meaning it's rare that those type of players fall that far due to position of need. It happens but it's not the norm. Either someone goes against their needs to take the superior prospect or someone that has a need trades into a spot to the the valued prospect.

Of course I don't know for sure when he'll be taken just like you don't but the above is why I made the statement.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I like this. He should get a good look in this offense. Can catch and grind the way Gruden likes. 

The two years that he had an above average workload he was close to a 1,000 yard back. Should be able to give us a solid 200-225 carries next season. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I like this. He should get a good look in this offense. Can catch and grind the way Gruden likes. 

Exactly right. I think he fits this offense well on 1st and 2nd down. Tough runner with speed, vision and power. Can catch and has the big body to block (though I don't know how he really does in this aspect) out of the one back shotgun sets we use at times.

Just now, NightTrainLane said:

Exactly right. I think he fits this offense well on 1st and 2nd down. Tough runner with speed, vision and power. Can catch and has the big body to block (though I don't know how he really does in this aspect) out of the one back shotgun sets we use at times.

Jets fans were saying he's a terrible blocker fwiw.

I like the value in the contract...  cheap and Crowell has had moments in this league.. I see this as an upgraded Doug Martin with more potential... I expect Crowell to split carries with another back(Lynch or Rookie)... never can have too many good RBs, they rarely stay healthy 

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like the value in the contract...  cheap and Crowell has had moments in this league.. I see this as an upgraded Doug Martin with more potential... I expect Crowell to split carries with another back(Lynch or Rookie)... never can have too many good RBs, they rarely stay healthy 

A guy like Damien Harris in round 3/4 would be a nice value. 

Archived