Eagles acquire Jordan Howard from Bears

DeJack_10

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

He was much better in 2017.

He just isn't versatile at all. If you just zone run him and do not ask him to catch passes then he has obvious value.

Our scheme doesn’t ask much route running with our RBs, look at ajayi. The most he ever does is flats and screens. He will do that just fine. Yes we run a lot of zone and we will play to his strengths. He’s the exact rb Pederson likes.

2 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Our scheme doesn’t ask much route running with our RBs, look at ajayi. The most he ever does is flats and screens. He will do that just fine. Yes we run a lot of zone and we will play to his strengths. He’s the exact rb Pederson likes.

The real scheme issue is that he struggled running out of shotgun last season.

5 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

That’s interesting. Could be scheme to because he avg 6.5 yards per carry out of shotgun his first two years combined 

For whatever reason, and I think there is blame to go on the scheme and Howard, he was really not good last year.

My concern is that he is losing the little speed he had to start with. That being said if he is in the Blount role for the Eagles that would be like 60% of his previous work load and may keep him fresher.

Limited player who is really good at the one thing he does.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For whatever reason, and I think there is blame to go on the scheme and Howard, he was really not good last year.

My concern is that he is losing the little speed he had to start with. That being said if he is in the Blount role for the Eagles that would be like 60% of his previous work load and may keep him fresher.

Limited player who is really good at the one thing he does.

We will see, either way it lets us draft BPA now 

Archived