Top 5 Reasons You Can’t Blame the Giants for Trading Odell Beckham

footbull3196

L.T. was the best outside rushing linebacker/defender of all-time.  Odell wont even be top 10.  Maybe not even top 20 receiver.  When Odell needed to shine he was nowhere to be found.   Giants will bounce back and have a winning season this year. 

YOU NEVER SAW LAWRENCE TAYLOR GIVE UP ON HIS TEAM BUT YOU DID SEE ODELL GIVE UP ON HIS.  #MRIV#QUADINJURYTHATDIDNTEXSIST#FACTS

On 4/4/2019 at 3:30 PM, Kip Smithers said:

Not a fit in an organisation that once had Lawrence Taylor. Gimme a break. 

This team being stuck in their ancient and outdated ways is one the reasons why they’re a laughing stock and why they’ve been bad team past few years. 

I mean, they did win 11 games and make the playoffs just two years ago.  And let's be real, the next season (2017) was absolutely obliterated by injury early on with nearly the entire WR lineup going down.  Eli was throwing to practice squad players that year and there just wasn't any chance for the team to move the chains all year.  

Now last year there was far less excuse for the disappointing win total, but they definitely played at least decently (specifically Eli) in the latter half of the season.  Don't get me wrong, Eli would probably be have been wise to hang em up this year as his already poor elusiveness is now completely nonexistent and if anybody even gets close to him anymore he just falls down like a man in his 60's rather than late-30's.  But if you give him some time to throw the ball, tailor the play-calling to his strengths with emphasis on the running game, and get some more stops on defense I think Eli can still be an effective (if not great) passer in 2019. 

Too bad that that will absolutely NOT be happening this year as the team has jettisoned almost all of their talent on offense in defense in an obvious full-blown rebuild effort, which is yet another reason Eli should've called it a career.  

On 4/4/2019 at 8:12 AM, Cuziam71 said:

Elis numbers are 9th best and 17 best in the league.   In fact he got better without Odell.   Talent wise Odell is great but on the field he shows sometimes he just a punk.  Never saw Jerry rice act like a clown or drop that many balls.  

Actually Jerry Rice has acted like a clown on the field before. There was a game against the Cowboys in 2000 when Rice was frustrated with Jeff Garcia. On the sidelines the camera caught it all. He was telling the coaching staff to tell Jeff to "throw a ******* spiral".  Rice has also made controversial statements after the 49ers won Super Bowl 23, because Joe Montana got to say the "I'm going to Disneyland" line, even though Rice was MVP. But the constant media news cycle, and the twitter era weren't around back then. So people have either forgotten or bought into revisionist history. Rice also dropped a ton of footballs in his rookie year in 1985. The 49ers lost a game to the Giants that year in the playoffs, and Rice fumbled a ball near the goal line after a long catch, and stride. Rookie jitters probably, but he did struggle a ton that season. 

On 4/5/2019 at 3:50 AM, Cuziam71 said:

L.T. was the best outside rushing linebacker/defender of all-time.  Odell wont even be top 10.  Maybe not even top 20 receiver.  When Odell needed to shine he was nowhere to be found.   Giants will bounce back and have a winning season this year. 

YOU NEVER SAW LAWRENCE TAYLOR GIVE UP ON HIS TEAM BUT YOU DID SEE ODELL GIVE UP ON HIS.  #MRIV#QUADINJURYTHATDIDNTEXSIST#FACTS

Actually this isn't true either. In a 1986 game on the road against the Dallas Cowboys, the Giants needed one last stop to beat Dallas. Lawrence Taylor was in prime position to stop Hershel Walker, but just let him waltz into the endzone. Taylor was tried, and essentially took the play off. Taylor admits it himself in this clip of America's Game. Play the video at 9:44. 

https://youtu.be/hyFfiD-L3TM?t=584

Your talking 1 time LT took a play off. Obj took series off.  Throwing things and running to the locker room.  He was tired and should have been off the field.  LT had his issues not saying he was perfect but he didnt act like a clown like obj has.  

You can't even compare how Rice was to Odell. Rice never cheap shot like Odell did and besides his rookie year which I don't remember,Rice never dropped easy balls.  It's hard to compare the 2 because Odell was to meme.  

Telling a coach that the qb should throw a better ball is better then going on national TV and abuse his qb with little Wayne.  Can't really compare because what Odell did was embarrassing and the final nail

5 reasons I don't blame the giants for trading not in any order

1easy drop balls 2 stupid personal fouls 3 leaving the field before half time for IV BS 4 pathetic interviews bashing his team 5 good compensation for him.   Starting safety a and 2 potential starting players. TBD.  

2 hours ago, Cuziam71 said:

Your talking 1 time LT took a play off. Obj took series off.  Throwing things and running to the locker room.  He was tired and should have been off the field.  LT had his issues not saying he was perfect but he didnt act like a clown like obj has.  

You can't even compare how Rice was to Odell. Rice never cheap shot like Odell did and besides his rookie year which I don't remember,Rice never dropped easy balls.  It's hard to compare the 2 because Odell was to meme.  

Telling a coach that the qb should throw a better ball is better then going on national TV and abuse his qb with little Wayne.  Can't really compare because what Odell did was embarrassing and the final nail

You said "never" in regards to Taylor, and Rice. I simply pointed out that you were incorrect. You brought up both players as a comparison initially. 

On 04/04/2019 at 8:50 PM, Cuziam71 said:

If Odell doesn’t end up being a top 10 or even 20 all time then believe me it has nothing to do with his antics or his talent. So get outta here with that. Odell played one game in the playoffs and he played like crap but let’s hold that one game sample against him. 

The fact that you think the Giants will have a winning season next year tells me you’re just clueless and delusional. And frankly isn’t worthy of talking football with.

I’ll end with this and it just ends your argument. With all of Odells antics, errors and misjudgments there has yet to be a single teammate even anonymously to criticise him. All his teammates love him. Have nothing but praise for him. Have defended him. Celebrated his new contract like I’ve never seen before for a player, stuck by his side. Yet you expect me to believe and care about your comments? Please 

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

You said "never" in regards to Taylor, and Rice. I simply pointed out that you were incorrect. You brought up both players as a comparison initially. 

Yeah, literally every player has moments like that.  They're people and not just football playing robots, stuff like that happens.  There just wasn't a 24 hour sports news cycle of stephen a smith types at that time.

The giants had 1 winning season with Odell. All the blame goes on Eli but none goes on Beckham. Fact of the matter was other then receiver and yes a slight downgrade giants are a better team right now then last year.  Where is the downgrades.  Giants were 5-11 and were in all but 1 game. Had leads and the defense blew it.   Oh wait Elis fault again right.  The way they are moving and barring injury ( no more fake injuries odb) they have a shot to make the playoffs.   Not saying 100%  People act like Odell is a savior let's see what the browns do this fall.  Guaranteed Odell missed at least  4 games.   

Oh and players haven't said anything because they don't wanna start drama unlike that clown odell.. what would they get out of talking crap about him.  Nothing at all so that comment is just stupid.

Archived