Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I disagree with this line of thinking. You’re always a QB away if you don’t have one. Hitting on a great QB completely alters the outlook of your franchise. 

The outlook or the production? I want production aka a SuperBowl. None of these Rookie QBs can come make them a SuperBowl team. They are still other pieces away. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The outlook or the production? I want production aka a SuperBowl. None of these Rookie QBs can come make them a SuperBowl team. They are still other pieces away. 

You can’t build a perfect team in the super bowl era. You either have a QB and have a chance or you don’t. We can keep building this team and that’s fine but we won’t even remotely sniff a super bowl until we have a franchise QB. 

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You can’t build a perfect team in the super bowl era. You either have a QB and have a chance or you don’t. We can keep building this team and that’s fine but we won’t even remotely sniff a super bowl until we have a franchise QB. 

So what are the Browns doing? What did the Seahawks do? 

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So what are the Browns doing? What did the Seahawks do? 

The Browns got Baker Mayfield. They were awful until they got Baker Mayfield. 

The Seahawks? So all we have to do is build one of the greatest defenses of all time and couple that with finding an elite QB in the third round and we should be fine. 

We have sucked for nearly 30 years and the one thing we haven’t had in that time period is a franchise QB. This team needs to get this position settled for the next 10+ years. Keenum, McCoy and Smith aren’t solving that. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Seahawks? So all we have to do is build one of the greatest defenses of all time and couple that with finding an elite QB in the third round and we should be fine. 

We have sucked for nearly 30 years and the one thing we haven’t had in that time period is a franchise QB. This team needs to get this position settled for the next 10+ years. Keenum, McCoy and Smith aren’t solving that. 

Baker Mayfield isn't the only reason the Browns are back in business. Dorsey and the guys he has brung in to surround Mayfield is the reason. Wilson also had a TEAM around him. What QB from this draft will make the Skins a SuperBowl contender during the 2019-2020 season? None is my answer, whats yours? Even Mahomes has talent around him, he doesn't just do it himself. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yes, but the reason the Browns were “the Browns 🙄” for two decades is because they kept settling for QBs in the draft that nobody else really wanted. 

They got burned on Tim Couch. Total bust, no question. Cautionary tale for taking a young QB and running him out there with a garbage roster. But after Couch flopped as a top overall pick, they overcorrected for the better part of 2 decades and started taking a series of QBs that represented good “value” but were fatally flawed from the outset.

Brady Quinn with the 22nd pick. Brandon Weeden with the 22nd pick. Johnny Manziel with the 22nd pick. Day 2 picks on Charlie Frye (3rd), Colt McCoy (3rd), Cody Kessler (3rd), and Dashone Kizer (2nd). Seven valuable picks, including three 1st rounders, used on QBs over the course of about 12 years — and they ended up with nothing to show for it. Absolutely nothing.

Value shopping is a great approach — at every position but QB. Value isn’t very important, you just want the absolute best talent there is. Regardless of cost, for the most part. The position is that important. Settling for a guy just because you need one and he’s the best available QB at your pick is a recipe for disaster. At least when you’re picking outside the top 10 or so. It means everybody else passed on the guy, and the bottom line is that they probably did so for a reason.

The Browns are on the brink of breaking out of their decades of doldrums because they finally took an elite young QB prospect and have surrounded him with a pretty strong roster. And because they stopped taking bum QBs just because they needed one and he was the best left on the board.

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Yes, but the reason the Browns were “the Browns 🙄” for two decades is because they kept settling for QBs in the draft that nobody else really wanted. 

They got burned on Tim Couch. Total bust, no question. Cautionary tale for taking a young QB and running him out there with a garbage roster. But after Couch flopped as a top overall pick, they overcorrected for the better part of 2 decades and started taking a series of QBs that represented good “value” but were fatally flawed from the outset.

Brady Quinn with the 22nd pick. Brandon Weeden with the 22nd pick. Johnny Manziel with the 22nd pick. Day 2 picks on Charlie Frye (3rd), Colt McCoy (3rd), Cody Kessler (3rd), and Dashone Kizer (2nd). Seven valuable picks, including three 1st rounders, used on QBs over the course of about 12 years — and they ended up with nothing to show for it. Absolutely nothing.

Value shopping is a great approach — at every position but QB. Value isn’t very important, you just want the absolute best talent there is. Regardless of cost, for the most part. The position is that important. Settling for a guy just because you need one and he’s the best available QB at your pick is a recipe for disaster. At least when you’re picking outside the top 10 or so. It means everybody else passed on the guy, and the bottom line is that they probably did so for a reason.

The Browns are on the brink of breaking out of their decades of doldrums because they finally took an elite young QB prospect and have surrounded him with a pretty strong roster. And because they stopped taking bum QBs just because they needed one and he was the best left on the board.

Which I don’t disagree with at all. Never did I suggest just taking someone and if I did that is obviously the wrong approach. I’m of the opinion Haskins and Lock are franchise caliber QBs. That’s completely my opinion and I absolutely could be wrong but I feel the same way about Rosen. If we can’t land one of the three then I wouldn’t waste any resources. Just pick the best players available. 

On 4/14/2019 at 9:33 PM, mike23md said:

You shut your mouth. Is this Mel Kiper? Kiper seems to have the biggest hard on for Daniel Jones...to the Redskins...at 15. No other draftnik values Daniel Jones that high but that guy. Average arm. Good mechanics, but slow wind up, doesn't press the field, checks down a lot, holds onto the ball. Nothing screams a first round or 2nd round pick to me. 

All QB's in this class are going to be overdrafted. There is not one good one that I believe will be a solid starter at the next level. (Maybe one, but that is about it.)

Unfortunately ... https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/

4 of 6 have Washington taking Jones at 15. The 5th has them trading up to #3 with the Jets to take Haskins, and the last has them taking Hollywood Brown at 15.

Sufficed to say, I'm not a happy panda with those projections.

59 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If they take Daniel Jones at 15, that would be the only reasonably plausible pick that would make me actively angry. 

I'm telling you guys that you probably don't have to worry about it. Seems alot of teams are high on Jones, I don't think he will even be on the board at 15 to pick anyways. Very well could be second qb off the board 

Just so that we’re clear about Daniel Jones, here are the rankings for passing efficiency rating among FCS QBs with at least pass attempts last season (his junior year and best season).

1. Tua Tagovailoa (199.4)

2. Kyler Murray (199.2)

3. Will Grier (175.5)

4. Dwayne Haskins (174.1)

5. Jake Fromm (171.3)

**9 Other Guys**

15. Trevor Lawrence (157.6)

**4 Other Guys**

20. Brett Rypien  (156.0)

**12 Other Guys**

33. Ryan Finley (148.0)

34. Drew Lock (147.7)

35. Gardner Minshew (147.6)

**16 Other Guys**

52. Jake Browning (142.5)

**15 Other Guys**

68. Jarrett Stidham (137.7)

70. Tyree Jackson (136.7)

**12 Other Guys**

83. Joe Burrow (133.2)

84. Alex Hornibrook (132.5)

86. Daniel Jones (131.7)

88. Blake Barnett (131.1)

There are a ton of not-so-great QBs in those asterisk sections. Guys who will have to convert to WR or graduate assistant or insurance salesman immediately after college. There are freshman QBs from Iowa State, BYU, Texas Tech, UAB, Minnesota, Nebraska, UNC Charlotte, and Florida Atlantic in those asterisk sections. And then there’s the guy who we think could be our future superstar QB, sandwiched neatly between Alex Hornibrook and Blake Barnett.

I acknowledge that passing efficiency rating is not a perfect metric. I also acknowledge that the talent around Jones was weak compared to many ACC teams. And I acknowledge that college production is not a direct predictor of NFL production. But with all that said, I implore you to find me a single star QB in the NFL who was that unproductive in college. Who was even remotely close to that unproductive in college.

The only quarterback I want is Josh Rosen wide receiver in the first round offensive lineman and linebacker in the third round trade second round pick  and Case keenum to Arizona for Josh Rosen

Archived