Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

11 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I think it could be a deal in place but the Cardinals don't want to come out looking like fools. So they are tryna drive Rosen price up by holding on to him or are really considering keeping him. They did trade up to get him, now they can't get the same in return and are questioning what they should really do. It wouldn't surprise me if Arizona kept Rosen and drafted Bosa or Williams just because they couldn't get a higher pick for Rosen. It's reported Rosen will show up to OTA's.

If they’ve decided Murray is their guy Rosen’s value won’t impact them taking him #1.  The bolded will be used as an excuse by all the insiders if they were wrong about this the whole time. 

7 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

If they’ve decided Murray is their guy Rosen’s value won’t impact them taking him #1.  The bolded will be used as an excuse by all the insiders if they were wrong about this the whole time. 

I don't think it's a excuse but more of the truth. If Murray wasn't up for consideration They should've been shut down all the Murray noise unless the plan was using Murray as trade bait oppose to Rosen. 

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't think it's a excuse but more of the truth. If Murray wasn't up for consideration They should've been shut down all the Murray noise unless the plan was using Murray as trade bait oppose to Rosen. 

As long as Rosen is informed what’s going on there’s no downside to playing the game.  On the flip side there’s no upside to tipping your hand.  If Murray is their guy and they get lowballed for Rosen he’s a goner regardless of whether it’s a 1st or 4th.

Dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. Murray and Kingsbury are meeting at Arizona's facility today. Rosen is there for OTA's right now. How many times do they want to slap this guy in the face?

Dont give me "they bring in players all the time" jazz. This is a pretty unique situation, especially considering Rosen is viewed as a future good NFL QB coming off his rookie season. I don't know how Rosen can keep so cool about it. He must have mental toughness.

To make matters worse is this is Murrays 2nd visit with Cardinals and this time his agent is going to be there, you know..... the same guy that represents Kingsbury.

45 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

Dumbest thing I think I've ever heard. Murray and Kingsbury are meeting at Arizona's facility today. Rosen is there for OTA's right now. How many times do they want to slap this guy in the face?

Dont give me "they bring in players all the time" jazz. This is a pretty unique situation, especially considering Rosen is viewed as a future good NFL QB coming off his rookie season. I don't know how Rosen can keep so cool about it. He must have mental toughness.

To make matters worse is this is Murrays 2nd visit with Cardinals and this time his agent is going to be there, you know..... the same guy that represents Kingsbury.

At this point, if you're Rosen and/or his agent, you publicly demand a trade. You nuke the return the Cardinals get, but what have they done to earn your silence at this point?

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

At this point, if you're Rosen and/or his agent, you publicly demand a trade. You nuke the return the Cardinals get, but what have they done to earn your silence at this point?

Right like if I’m is I want this done or whoever does take him is a domino off the board

One good outcome from this thing is it looks like we're moving up in the power rankings. I'd say in regards to NFL'S most dysfunctional franchises we're moving from 32 to 31.

In a catchphrase from the Jeffersons " We're moving on up".

Here we are about 2 weeks away from the draft & nothing so far on what Arizona is going to do with Rosen.

You would THINK that if they were to deal him, it would be before the draft. His value will only drop once the draft starts.

Kyler Murray has already had 3 visits there & Rosen has to be wondering what his future holds.

Unless this is all 1 big smokescreen, which I don't believe it is.

And if they try to trade him after the draft, how many teams are going to trade draft capital for Rosen with the QB's coming out in the infamous 2020 draft.

One thing I do know? If we don't land Rosen, we will certainly draft one in the 1st or 2nd round.

Unfortunately, if we don't land Rosen? I think the likely hood of us trading up for a QB like Haskins or Lock, go up significantly. Which will impact our roster as well. Something, I hope we don't do.

As much as I want Lock, as our QB? I really don't want to trade draft resources to do it.

I would almost rather select a QB in the later rounds, than to go that route.

And I sure as hell don't want to draft Daniel Jones, neither.

I would much rather go Stidham, Rypien or Thorson in the later rds than panic & take Jones.

Arizona needs to crap, or get off the pot! I'm tired of waiting.

35 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Here we are about 2 weeks away from the draft & nothing so far on what Arizona is going to do with Rosen.

You would THINK that if they were to deal him, it would be before the draft. His value will only drop once the draft starts.

Kyler Murray has already had 3 visits there & Rosen has to be wondering what his future holds.

Unless this is all 1 big smokescreen, which I don't believe it is.

And if they try to trade him after the draft, how many teams are going to trade draft capital for Rosen with the QB's coming out in the infamous 2020 draft.

One thing I do know? If we don't land Rosen, we will certainly draft one in the 1st or 2nd round.

Unfortunately, if we don't land Rosen? I think the likely hood of us trading up for a QB like Haskins or Lock, go up significantly. Which will impact our roster as well. Something, I hope we don't do.

As much as I want Lock, as our QB? I really don't want to trade draft resources to do it.

I would almost rather select a QB in the later rounds, than to go that route.

And I sure as hell don't want to draft Daniel Jones, neither.

I would much rather go Stidham, Rypien or Thorson in the later rds than panic & take Jones.

Arizona needs to crap, or get off the pot! I'm tired of waiting.

The good thing about trading up this time is we most likely would try to get to pick #9. The value we would have to give up wouldn't be horrible. It's not like the RG3 deal. A third and a fifth would probably get it done. Since we have two selections in those rounds, it wouldn't be the best scenario but it wouldn't be crippling either. If we don't land Rosen, it is almost certain its Lock or Haskins. It would have to be if you really think about it, especially if they believe they can lead the franchise.

Pretty wild, isn't it?

Rosen would be the cheapest economically & draft pick wise, but with some rookie season warts...

Lock is perhaps the 2nd most sought after QB, behind Murray with perhaps the most upside...

And Haskins went to school with Dan Snyder's boy & is perhaps the safest pick of the big 3 QB's in this year's draft.

What to do?

I do hope we land one of these 3 for this upcoming season.

This fanbase needs it & deserves it.

Some glimmer of hope for the future.

I know, realize & understand people want Sweat, or Burns, or White or some stud edge rusher that is probably rated higher than these QB's. And it fits a need... I get it.

But unless I know already that this guy is Lawrence Taylor ll, I'm not gonna go to bed happy. Hell, as far as I know, we probably drafted the next Quinton Coples.

But a franchise QB? That can sling it?

And if you graze his helmet or the top of his Jersey, you'll get automatic first downs all the way down the field for victory.

I only hope that any one of them has some clutch Gene. That "it" factor that can win the big game.

I don't want to draft any of them, that have the "Cousins" disease.

It's lethal & fatal to any hope of living happy. 

Before I draft any of them,  I would shine a bright light into their eyes.

If they flinch or become nervous, I would say pass.

Because that guy has the "Cousins" disease.

13 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Pretty wild, isn't it?

Rosen would be the cheapest economically & draft pick wise, but with some rookie season warts...

Lock is perhaps the 2nd most sought after QB, behind Murray with perhaps the most upside...

And Haskins went to school with Dan Snyder's boy & is perhaps the safest pick of the big 3 QB's in this year's draft.

What to do?

I do hope we land one of these 3 for this upcoming season.

This fanbase needs it & deserves it.

Some glimmer of hope for the future.

I know, realize & understand people want Sweat, or Burns, or White or some stud edge rusher that is probably rated higher than these QB's. And it fits a need... I get it.

But unless I know already that this guy is Lawrence Taylor ll, I'm not gonna go to bed happy. Hell, as far as I know, we probably drafted the next Quinton Coples.

But a franchise QB? That can sling it?

And if you graze his helmet or the top of his Jersey, you'll get automatic first downs all the way down the field for victory.

I only hope that any one of them has some clutch Gene. That "it" factor that can win the big game.

I don't want to draft any of them, that have the "Cousins" disease.

It's lethal & fatal to any hope of living happy. 

Before I draft any of them,  I would shine a bright light into their eyes.

If they flinch or become nervous, I would say pass.

Because that guy has the "Cousins" disease.

The biggest issue I have with taking a first round QB this year is that I expect Gruden and/or (hopefully) Allen to get fired within the next year or two.  If that happens, I don't want our new coach and/or GM to get stuck with this previous regime's pick at QB.  I want a clean slate at the QB/HC/GM positions so they all can come along together.  

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

They shouldn't trade up for any QB. Keenum is good enough for 1 year. They should still be focusing on improving the Whole team and not just 1 position. CB, WR, FS, and G are still positions of need.

I get why this can make for good conversation, but not taking a qb for the sake of not taking a qb is not a recipe for success. Just like taking one just to do it isn't either. If they believe Haskins or Lock is the future then you absolutely have to make an attempt to get it done. Waiting til later just to build up the roster doesn't make much sense especially if you draft the right qb that can help win games now. We have to build a good roster, the order in which that happens doesn't really matter 

4 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I get why this can make for good conversation, but not taking a qb for the sake of not taking a qb is not a recipe for success. Just like taking one just to do it isn't either. If they believe Haskins or Lock is the future then you absolutely have to make an attempt to get it done. Waiting til later just to build up the roster doesn't make much sense especially if you draft the right qb that can help win games now. We have to build a good roster, the order in which that happens doesn't really matter 

That isn't exactly true.  The most valuable thing in the NFL right now is a good QB on a rookie contract.  When that contract starts is very important to any team's rebuild.  Having the roster built up, then adding a quality rookie QB on a 4-5 year cheap deal is the best way to build a contender in the modern nfl.  

Archived