Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

29 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2830174-peter-king-on-josh-rosen-trade-redskins-are-my-favorite-in-the-clubhouse

I would love for this to be true. Rosen for a 3rd is a steal. I wouldn't mind it increasing to a 2nd next year depending on Rosen's play (if needed) Getting Rosen would definitely add some hype to the team. 

This is where I’m at. Ultimately I think it takes our second once others get into the bidding and I don’t see anyone giving up a first. But at this point Rosen is so cheap and has just as much upside as anyone in this draft that it’s almost criminal if the Redskins don’t do this. 

I can't help but wonder if there's a gentleman's agreement already made by the Cardinals & Redskins regarding Josh Rosen, but the info is being filtered because the draft is so close.

Or if the Cardinals are still pondering their options and waiting for another team to offer more in trade?

It's just funny how many outlets have said the Redskins are the favorite to land Rosen, but everything is at a standstill.

Is Rosen at Arizona's OTA's or absent?

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is where I’m at. Ultimately I think it takes our second once others get into the bidding and I don’t see anyone giving up a first. But at this point Rosen is so cheap and has just as much upside as anyone in this draft that it’s almost criminal if the Redskins don’t do this. 

The Peter King quote about buying a new car and it diminishes when you drive it off the lot is the same exact analogy I posted on here a while back. Doesn't matter how much you paid for it, I'm only paying what its worth to me.

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nobody is showing up to watch Keenum. It’s not Keenums fault but that was an awfully underwhelming pick up. He’s essentially a healthy Colt McCoy. 

Fans will show up if the Skins come out with those draft picks.

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I can't help but wonder if there's a gentleman's agreement already made by the Cardinals & Redskins regarding Josh Rosen, but the info is being filtered because the draft is so close.

Or if the Cardinals are still pondering their options and waiting for another team to offer more in trade?

It's just funny how many outlets have said the Redskins are the favorite to land Rosen, but everything is at a standstill.

Is Rosen at Arizona's OTA's or absent?

I think it could be a deal in place but the Cardinals don't want to come out looking like fools. So they are tryna drive Rosen price up by holding on to him or are really considering keeping him. They did trade up to get him, now they can't get the same in return and are questioning what they should really do. It wouldn't surprise me if Arizona kept Rosen and drafted Bosa or Williams just because they couldn't get a higher pick for Rosen. It's reported Rosen will show up to OTA's.

What would be really funny about this if we actually got him for a 3rd round pick. That would actually make edge rusher and left guard top priority. The reason its funny to me is I could see us coming out of the draft with Jonah Williams, yet another Bama player. I don't think they should go that route but one thing for sure I wouldn't be surprised 

1 minute ago, Bo Duke said:

What would be really funny about this if we actually got him for a 3rd round pick. That would actually make edge rusher and left guard top priority. The reason its funny to me is I could see us coming out of the draft with Jonah Williams, yet another Bama player. I don't think they should go that route but one thing for sure I wouldn't be surprised 

I'm looking to trade down if they get Rosen for a 3rd. I want the Radiers to #24 and #27 pick or Patriots #32 and two 2nd rounders. 

I seriously doubt there's a solid deal already in place.  The Cardinals are still trying to drive up the price.  I do believe the Cards will pull the trigger before the draft though, because all their suitors might end up taking QBs and there goes their leverage.  

1 minute ago, Bo Duke said:

That would be so awesome, if we got Rosen for our top 3rd Rd pick. (While still having our compensatory one)

Get Sweat, Ferrill or Jonah Williams @15.

Get WR AJ Brown or WR Marquise Brown @ 44

Rosen for our 3rd

And WR Andy Isabella with our compensatory 3rd.

OMG! This belongs in the dream draft thread. Lol

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

That would be so awesome, if we got Rosen for our top 3rd Rd pick. (While still having our compensatory one)

Get Sweat, Ferrill or Jonah Williams @15.

Get WR AJ Brown or WR Marquise Brown @ 44

Rosen for our 3rd

And WR Andy Isabella with our compensatory 3rd.

OMG! This belongs in the dream draft thread. Lol

Some combo of Rosen/a 1st round pass rusher/ and literally any 2nd round prospect would be my dream draft.

38 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

The Peter King quote about buying a new car and it diminishes when you drive it off the lot is the same exact analogy I posted on here a while back. Doesn't matter how much you paid for it, I'm only paying what its worth to me.

And it still doesn’t really apply to this situation. Getting Rosen for a third would be highway robbery at this point. He’s better than any QB in this draft and will be cheaper. If the Redskins miss out on the opportunity to trade for Rosen because they’re scared to part with a second round pick then we deserve to be in the situation we’re in now. And yes, I would be ecstatic to get him for a third but I don’t think that’s realistic. 

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

100% agree with this.  Rosen is a better prospect than any QB in this class IMO.

Obviously the Cardinals don't feel that way and the Skins shouldn't be tricked into trading more than needed for him. Jay wants to win now so the 15 pick wasn't gonna be a QB IMO unless it was one the loved more than Keenum for this year. I think they are fine with Keenum being the QB this season if need be. 

Like they should just make the trade though!!! Idk I highly doubt they don’t take Murray could do a A Rod Fall. Never know. But it’s lying season and they do keep floating those trade up things you never know!!! But I do just think there’s too much consensus on it that the teams aren’t doing something you never know with those two teams

Like I just can’t see the redskins wanting to get this done before the draft to get their marketing thing ready. Like they want to get this done do you tell them if this makes it to this point before the draft we’re gonna focus on out board?

Archived