Should Redskins trade for Josh Rosen

Geno

On 4/11/2019 at 6:17 PM, taylor made said:

I'd rather take Daniel Jones than trade for Josh Rosen.

You shut your mouth. Is this Mel Kiper? Kiper seems to have the biggest hard on for Daniel Jones...to the Redskins...at 15. No other draftnik values Daniel Jones that high but that guy. Average arm. Good mechanics, but slow wind up, doesn't press the field, checks down a lot, holds onto the ball. Nothing screams a first round or 2nd round pick to me. 

All QB's in this class are going to be overdrafted. There is not one good one that I believe will be a solid starter at the next level. (Maybe one, but that is about it.)

15 minutes ago, mike23md said:

You shut your mouth. Is this Mel Kiper? Kiper seems to have the biggest hard on for Daniel Jones...to the Redskins...at 15. No other draftnik values Daniel Jones that high but that guy. Average arm. Good mechanics, but slow wind up, doesn't press the field, checks down a lot, holds onto the ball. Nothing screams a first round or 2nd round pick to me. 

All QB's in this class are going to be overdrafted. There is not one good one that I believe will be a solid starter at the next level. (Maybe one, but that is about it.)

This is true, but what makes Jones appealing is he can come in and protect the football. Ain't nothing to get us excited about but a coach loves that. Can he play early and not lose the game 

12 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

This is true, but what makes Jones appealing is he can come in and protect the football. Ain't nothing to get us excited about but a coach loves that. Can he play early and not lose the game 

Keenum can do that 

26 minutes ago, Bo Duke said:

I honestly dont care about protecting the football, if the ball is out, that is protecting the football. If you have a good offensive line, that is protecting the football. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I didn't mean that I would take Jones at #15 or even the second round. It was more a diss to Rosen.

Just now, taylor made said:

I didn't mean that I would take Jones at #15 or even the second round. It was more a diss to Rosen.

I understand. But say someone like Tyree Jackson or god forbid Trace McSorley. But yeah, Kiper has just been boasting this pick for like a month and its retarded. Even Todd McShay called him that. 

Stop putting Josh Rosen down he is better than their quarterback class this year better ball placement throwing the deep ball better and cheaper we need to trade down with Oakland raiders picking up the 27th pick and their second round pick for our 15th pick drafting a wide receiver first round trade 2nd pick to Arizona for Josh Rosen picking up a safety ,linebacker , and offensive lineman , AJ Brown might be the best receiver in the draft 🤗☺️☺️

On 4/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, Bo Duke said:

I think it's going to come down to who they think fits them the best at qb. I'm thinking they if they just wait til pick 15 they will have a couple to pick from. The first half of the draft will be dominated by defense. If an offensive tackle and a wr go ahead of us we will be in pretty good shape to have a couple choices. Its very possible we're telling Arizona we want to see who is there at 15 before making a trade with them. Less than  2 weeks to go!

Washington would already know if Murray is a Card by then.  If Rosen is traded it’s before the first pick happens...  If the Redskins think the guy they like will be gone by then they’ll have to make a choice.  Same with Arizona calling a team’s bluff for a 2nd rounder before the draft.  It’s a double bluff really.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

There’s really no reason for the Cardinals to do anything yet. See if someone gets desperate. 

Why would someone get desperate? No matter what the cardinals do there’s the same amount of QB’s available before or after their selection!!! If a deal doesn’t make sense don’t take aQB!!!  Too much talent too settle this offseason!!! The QB’s this year are much better then the Cam Kap Locker Gabbert year. I don’t see a Cam but what I do see are good pass catchers that can succeed in the right systems. Cams year Cam was a beast and that draft was so talented but teams reached time and time again for QB’s that weren’t worth their selections!!! The only teams that succeeded after Cam picked QB’s later and got super value early. There’s no way I even entertain picking the 3rd QB in this class at 15 unless somehow Murray or Haskins are that guy!!!! If 2 or 3 of them have been selected there’s no way a QB selection gives us the best value period!!!!!! If we pick the 3rd or 4th QB in the first round especially at 15 in 3 or 4 years we will consistently be picking early and not because we’re tanking!!! But because we are devoid of top end talent!!! BPA or bust!!!

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Why would someone get desperate? No matter what the cardinals do there’s the same amount of QB’s available before or after their selection!!! If a deal doesn’t make sense don’t take aQB!!!  Too much talent too settle this offseason!!! The QB’s this year are much better then the Cam Kap Locker Gabbert year. I don’t see a Cam but what I do see are good pass catchers that can succeed in the right systems. 

We don't know that yet. For every person that is high on someone, it seems there's an equal just as low. 

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We don't know that yet. For every person that is high on someone, it seems there's an equal just as low. 

While I get that I mean how many people if any even liked Ponder, Locker, gabbert, Dalton, Kap? I did like laps talent and value. You could say Haskins is like gabbert one good year but Haskins wasn’t just good!!! Cam to Murray. Lock to Locker. Jones to ponder. Dalton to Grier. I mean it very well could be that. I think these guys are all better then the comp to that class except Murray better then Cam!!!!! But as I said!!! I like the class but I’m not reaching for any of them!!! At 15 it’s Murray or Haskins!!! If we trade back to late 20’s Grier. 2nd lock or Jones. I’m cool with Rosen for our 2nd. But if we come out of this year without a QB I promise you I’m not going to be upset. I think I just actually do like some of the options but they all are at a price and more then likely they won’t be a value and that means I want a different option

45 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

While I get that I mean how many people if any even liked Ponder, Locker, gabbert, Dalton, Kap? I did like laps talent and value. You could say Haskins is like gabbert one good year but Haskins wasn’t just good!!! Cam to Murray. Lock to Locker. Jones to ponder. Dalton to Grier. I mean it very well could be that. I think these guys are all better then the comp to that class except Murray better then Cam!!!!! But as I said!!! I like the class but I’m not reaching for any of them!!! At 15 it’s Murray or Haskins!!! If we trade back to late 20’s Grier. 2nd lock or Jones. I’m cool with Rosen for our 2nd. But if we come out of this year without a QB I promise you I’m not going to be upset. I think I just actually do like some of the options but they all are at a price and more then likely they won’t be a value and that means I want a different option

Think this goes back to they aren't just a QB away from a SuperBowl so why reach for QB when you have Keenum here at least for this year. 

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Think this goes back to they aren't just a QB away from a SuperBowl so why reach for QB when you have Keenum here at least for this year. 

Exactly!!! I’ve put in a lot of time I’ve set values not many things have changed there’s a lot of talent above a lot of QB’s so I’m not reaching if player ABC and D are there for QB #3 like there’s no way this FO or staff could spin it!!! The only way to basically justify it is going on deep playoff runs to make that happen. If their talking winning now and you reach for that QB this staff isn’t stupid enough to reach trying to sell wins!!!

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I disagree with this line of thinking. You’re always a QB away if you don’t have one. Hitting on a great QB completely alters the outlook of your franchise. 

Archived