Holton Leaves Us a Hill to Climb

wcblack34

31 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Well that's a bummer. I guess at least it isn't weed?

Rhodes, Waynes, Mac, and Hughes should be fine to start the season.

Hughes will likely be a bit rusty still i think.

I wouldn't mind looking at a round CB. At worst, it gives Hill competition, and something to think about business-wise.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

How do you figure? He should be good-to-go by training camp from the ACL.

I mean sure but he's still going to be rusty from actual game play in the regular season.

The competition he'll face in camp/pre-season doesn't compare to the competition he'll play in the regular season which may lead to a bit of rust especially since he only has 5.5 real games under his belt. 

49 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I mean sure but he's still going to be rusty from actual game play in the regular season.

The competition he'll face in camp/pre-season doesn't compare to the competition he'll play in the regular season which may lead to a bit of rust especially since he only has 5.5 real games under his belt. 

I disagree. He’ll get some go with the 1’s I’d imagine.  

Everyone is getting back into football shape during TC and preseason. 

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I disagree. He’ll get some go with the 1’s I’d imagine.  

Everyone is getting back into football shape during TC and preseason. 

I agree but even if he's going against Diggs/Thielen in practice everyday, it still doesn't compare to Sunday afternoon against WRs you don't know inside and out in front of 70,000 people with referees who are watching your every move.

There's a reason why some players don't look like themselves until a couple games into the season. You cannot simulate an NFL game in practice or even the pre-season especially with the NFL's practice rules where there's very minimal contact in camp/practice.

Look at Dalvin. 100% ready to go to start the season but he looked rusty early on.

Being in shape and being up to NFL game speed aren't the same thing.

9 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Yup, can't deal him now........

Still can after they take a CB in the first round. You just know that Greedy Williams is going to be the highest ranked player on the Vikings board when it is their turn to pick.

For those inclined to pray, please say a prayer that some other team takes Williams in the first 17 picks. We know that the Vikings current decision makers won't have the willpower to resist a temptation like that.

Actually, they might not have the willpower to pass up a couple other lower ranked CBs either so it might not matter. Might as well at least let the Vikings get Greedy.

I've already got my pitch fork and torch ready. Let me know when the mob is storming the castle along 494. 

Archived