Draft Scenario Discussion

WindyCity

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Don't know that I agree with this.  Pace hired Nagy.  Pace drafted all those young players and traded for Khalil Mack.  Sure it wasn't an ideal start in the first 3 years with John Fox as his HC but Pace has more clout than Nagy right now IMO and I don't think there's any question who makes the final decisions here.

And there is more than whispers that Pace was saddled with Fox to appease Ted Phillips who had hired Accorsi to do the coaching search.  

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I do not know if I agree.

Nagy does not have the 14-34 baggage and is the public face of the team.

Gun to their head my guess is the McCaskeys fire Pace before Nagy.

I don't agree here. The 14-34 baggage was expected, Pace said before he took the job that they shouldn't expect a quick turnaround and management acquiesced. 

What Pace has accomplished during his short time here has been, to me, remarkable. Franchise QB, all-world pass rusher and a head coach with a 21st century offensive approach. Grand slam.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I don't agree here. The 14-34 baggage was expected, Pace said before he took the job that they shouldn't expect a quick turnaround and management acquiesced. 

What Pace has accomplished during his short time here has been, to me, remarkable. Franchise QB, all-world pass rusher and a head coach with a 21st century offensive approach. Grand slam.

Hypothetical.

One has to go who do you think the McCaskeys pick?

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Hypothetical.

One has to go who do you think the McCaskeys pick?

Nagy. Why get rid of the GM who built this roster and found this head coach? He turned a historically bad defense (worst in Bears history, if I'm not mistaken) into the best defense in the NFL. In 4 seasons? That's insane.

Just now, G08 said:

Nagy. Why get rid of the GM who built this roster and found this head coach? He turned a historically bad defense (worst in Bears history, if I'm not mistaken) into the best defense in the NFL. In 4 seasons? That's insane.

I think Nagy has become the face of the franchise and the culture change. I think Pace would go before he did if it came down to it.

48 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Quick question for everybody.  If Andy Isabella is on the board still at 87 do you take him?

It obviously depends on who else is on the board.... but yes. He's one of the top players that I think have some outside shot of making it to our 3rd rounder and I'd sprint up to the podium and make the selection.

Then again my idealized mock right now for our first two picks is

Round 2(48-64) Trading next year's Oakland Pick (expected value 33)

Darrell Henderson-RB

Round 3 (87)

Andy Isabella-WR

If unable to make ^ happen because of how the boards are gonna shake out, I'd also be willing to move next year's Oakland pick to go get Isabella, then come back and get a RB like Bryce Love later in the draft.  As you might have guessed, I'm rather high on Isabella in general. I think he fits a particular and specific need for this offensive scheme, better than most or even all of our current WRs.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Quick question for everybody.  If Andy Isabella is on the board still at 87 do you take him?

I'm for it. He replaces Gabriel, is cheaper, and you have a potential dynamic duo between him and Miller for 10 years. 

45 minutes ago, G08 said:

Agreed. Nagy did a damn fine job, but he won with a loaded roster and the offense was pretty bad last year. I know, it was the first year, but what offense was regularly helped by their defense more than Chicago's?

Pace fixed the franchise, he righted the shop, Nagy was lucky to get to skip those years and walk into such a great situation. Let him at least show he can drive the offense to one of the better in the NFL consistently. I'm not crediting him with what Pace put together and Fangio orchestrated on defense. 

I want both here, but if I'm picking then Pace is staying right now. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but 9ers are shopping Solomon Thomas now...

THEY SURE FLEECED US GOING UP FOR TRUBISKY THOUGH.

Also, I'm curious as to what it would cost to get Solomon Thomas.... I find it hard to believe a man with his size, speed, and agility wasn't just being horribly misused.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The KC news has a recording of a conversation between Tyreek Hill and the mother of his son.

This is not going to end well for Hill.

That's a big deal if true, and puts the Chiefs in a tough spot, only a few hours before they go otc.

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but 9ers are shopping Solomon Thomas now...

Also, I'm curious as to what it would cost to get Solomon Thomas.... I find it hard to believe a man with his size, speed, and agility wasn't just being horribly misused.

Depending on the price, worth looking into giving Jay Rodgers a project player

12 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Yep. Funny how stupid that belief was. 

I'd be happy to take a swing for him. Have him use his physical tools and follow Mack, use him as an exclusive 3T in nickel (which was what I have seen him do best at in limited time watching him) or something. He is still getting a high pick's salary so that should diminish his value a bit. Not sure I'd throw more than a 4th atm, have to watch him more. 

Archived