Hair Loss Coffee Talk

jonu62882

7 hours ago, Dome said:

If you’re gonna shave your head, I’d recommend a huge scar to show people you’re hard to kill 

I have also a long scar on my back/side part looks like a knife wound.  Maybe, ill just get some teardrop tats or maybe some stars on the shoulders...

54 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

I have also a long scar on my back/side part looks like a knife wound.  Maybe, ill just get some teardrop tats or maybe some stars on the shoulders...

I got an injury settlement. 

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

Thanks, Im glad you prepped me. 

I'd actually suggest going with the grain the first time or you're also going to an itchy mess. Go with the grain a few times and then start going against. 

I've tried the majority of razors and always find myself coming back to the Hydro 3. 

7 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I'd actually suggest going with the grain the first time or you're also going to an itchy mess. Go with the grain a few times and then start going against. 

I've tried the majority of razors and always find myself coming back to the Hydro 3. 

Is with the grain front to back?

I'll probably start out with clippers no guard and see how I like that.  Im not sure I wanna have the  Professor X look.  Maybe more the Jason Statham.

31 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Im not sure I wanna have the  Professor X look.  Maybe more the Jason Statham

If my hair ever falls out enough that it looks stupid, i'll be right there with you.  I think keeping it really close cropped looks just as good, with half the effort.

17 hours ago, Scalamania said:

This actually makes sense for a first time attempt. 

Another thing to note - when you shave your head the first time, you're gonna look like a mutant - your scalp is going to be incredibly pale vs the rest of your head. It's a very noticable, just a different color. Give it a few days under the sun, it'll balance out.

One more tip - moisturizing. Using after shave isn't a great idea, it'll burn a bit. Lotion isn't bad, but if you sweat, you'll get it in your eyes - not fun. I actually use coconut oil, a small dab about the size of a dime. (Mind you, I don't have stubble so it's just for the skin).

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, jonu62882 said:

Thanks, Im glad you prepped me. 

Agree with ET, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD take your time with the razor the first few times. I actually recommend doing it outside of the shower with shaving cream the first few times as well. In the end you will probably cut yourself the first couple times doing it and you will bleed, just be prepared with a dab of toilet paper.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:05 PM, jonu62882 said:

Is with the grain front to back?

I'll probably start out with clippers no guard and see how I like that.  Im not sure I wanna have the  Professor X look.  Maybe more the Jason Statham.

With the grain is back to front on top and top to bottom on the sides. I honestly don't remember how I did it the first few times since it was 10+ years ago or if there was any itch but I do against the grain now and aftershave on the dome after.

Also don't waste your money on head shavers, they seem cool but they kinda suck because heads are round and all of them are different shapes and sizes so the curve of them doesn't always work. Just use a decent (read: non-disposable) face razor (Dollar shave club, Harry's, and Hydro 3 have all be recommended) and take your time.

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Also don't waste your money on head shavers, they seem cool but they kinda suck because heads are round and all of them are different shapes and sizes so the curve of them doesn't always work. Just use a decent (read: non-disposable) face razor (Dollar shave club, Harry's, and Hydro 3 have all be recommended) and take your time.

I actually just suggested Harry's, but I cancelled my subscription. Found this on the Bookface, gonna give it a try.

https://defenderrazor.com

I like the suspension system and individual gliding strips, but those extra sensitive blades might be a gamechanger. ($10 cheaper a delivery, so that works too).

If it doesn't work as well, I'll probably go back to Harry's.

Archived