Top 10 MVP Snubs of All Time

TecmoSuperJoe

14 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

True, but Brees doesn’t deserve all the blame like he probably did for the Cowboys game.  I’d at least put it at 50/50

I think you are really just splitting hairs as far as which game Brees' deserves more blame for. Point being, no such games exist for Peyton, he didn't fail on all 3 possessions in the final quarter to lose the game, he didn't have a game-losing fumble, he managed his offense with no run-game whatsoever, Brees produced points for his offense at only a slightly higher rate with a dramatically better run-game, and Peyton lost 0 fumbles to Breees' 6, meaning Brees ultimately had no turnovers. Peyton deserved the  MVP award of the 2009 season. 

14 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I’ll give you the point about the rushing game, though let’s not act like Pierre Thomas and Mike Bell were doing Brees a huge favor themselves.  

why exactly would that be an act? Is the 6th ranked run game with 2106 yards, 21 touchdowns and 4.5 yards/carry somehow not doing him favors?

2009 was a great MVP race but it was a Top 5 year of Mannings career and he would of been 16-0 if he actually had the choice. I think that point is what got him the award.

2008 was just a year nobody deserved it. Michael Turner? C'mon.

7 hours ago, game3525 said:

Meh, Rodgers was otherworldly that year. Watt had a better case in 2012 over Peterson. 

I’d actually say he had a better case in 2015 over Cam Newton.  Peterson in 2012 made sense because he carried a useless Vikings offense with Christian ponder at quarterback to the playoffs while coming within less than 10 yards of Eric Dickerson’s record after coming off a torn acl at the end of the previous season just 9 months prior to the start of the season.  I didn’t think Cams passing stats against a cupcake schedule were particularly impressive, although if you want to argue the disparity in Cam’s rushing stats vs every other QB in the league then I won’t disagree with that

Archived