***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Endgame

Deadpulse

Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

I did not like Steve’s and Thor’s ending. 

I think having Thor join the GotG is a genius stroke. Thematically and tonally they are perfect fits. It keeps Thor as a player but allows him to give way to newer characters on the solo movie front. Also, it fits his character arc well. 

I like that they went Old Man Rogers. However, I dont get how they got there. Based on everything we were told throughout the movie, shouldn't he be in his own branched off timeline, not in ours?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think having Thor join the GotG is a genius stroke. Thematically and tonally they are perfect fits. It keeps Thor as a player but allows him to give way to newer characters on the solo movie front. Also, it fits his character arc well. 

I like that they went Old Man Rogers. However, I dont get how they got there. Based on everything we were told throughout the movie, shouldn't he be in his own branched off timeline, not in ours?

Steve put all the stones back where they belonged. So he should still be able to coexist in the same timeline. At least that is how I took it. There have been 2 Steve Rogers the entire time.

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Steve put all the stones back where they belonged. So he should still be able to coexist in the same timeline. At least that is how I took it. There have been 2 Steve Rogers the entire time.

The only thing I can think of is as long as you don't disrupt the time stream significantly your fine. Which is why removing a stone would fracture it. Flip side of that, does that mean Loki actually escaped with the tesseract in the current timeline?

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The only thing I can think of is as long as you don't disrupt the time stream significantly your fine. Which is why removing a stone would fracture it. Flip side of that, does that mean Loki actually escaped with the tesseract in the current timeline?

Yes, leading to his new show on Disney +

• Like 1

My brain is just mush now. Too much awesomeness in three hours. I was literally shaking with excitement when all the group showed up at the end and Cap yelled Avengers Assemble. The end really hit me hard realizing that 10+ years was coming to an end. Other than Spider-Man and Ant-Man, I really have no interest in the rest of the main Avengers that will make up the team(Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Dr Strange).

I loved that they got almost every major character back in some form. I think Odin was the only one that didnt show up.

The whole girl power thing at the end was probably the only thing I didnt like, other than we needed more Korg. He needs his own buddy movie.

Probably the greatest movie experience ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

But Steve was all about his country, how he fights for the one he loves, to just leave that all behind destroys his character building. 

Thor makes sense i suppose because they are fighting Adam warlock

1 minute ago, Manny/Patrick said:

But Steve was all about his country, how he fights for the one he loves, to just leave that all behind destroys his character building. 

His country deemed him a criminal. He spends his entire life self sacrificing, it is 100% fitting that he finally takes his own time. He STARTS as a completely unselfish man. His character arc actually builds to this IMO