2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hear that Washington? You better trade up or else he's gonezo! Quickly!

This smoke screen is going to work out well.

Now that Snyder has reportedly “taken over” I believe the fleece is on. 

Gonna be kinda awkward for Jon to shaft his brother, but, it’s the nature of the beast. Jay can always come in and be our OC, and bring Billy C with him. 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If Washington trades up to 3 this was the most well executed smokescreen of all time. 

But 15 to 3??? That’d cost like 3 1sts, 2 2nds, etc. 

After that blockbuster trade up, would a team wanting QB3 trade up to 4 or 5 to get in front of the Giants?

40 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

As long as I was sure that I could get a good education in my field and had a good support staff (coaches, trainers, etc) at Purdue then that is what I would choose. Alabama is college football elite in everything but say if I was a freshman corner that had size and skill but Bama had 3 or 4 guys in front of me than I would bet on myself. That is just a basic answer though.

In real life so many factors would go into that decision.

That wasn't the question. He knows they got the 4 and 5 star guys. It's about whether its worth it to maybe a better chance to shine to be in that program.

I tell this to my players. they all know bama and usc but not places like Purdue. I had a kid ask me that bringing up q and Haskins and Murray etc. 

i tell them in game experience counts also

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

They want to win a national championship, play on national television every week, and they get to practice against the best of the best every day for 3-4 years. Look at a guy like Quinnen, he went from back up rotational player to a top 5 pick in one year. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the coaching/practice he got at Bama against the best of the best. 

What about in game experience?

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

After seeing the Big Ben extension, Wilson contract, and what Brady is going to get I think no matter how Carr plays this year if a QB is good value at any of our picks, Murray and Haskins are not good value at 4, this year or next we should take them.  Start developing his backup because if he does start to play well he will get $30-35 a year when it is time to extend him.  We need someone who can replace him and if he plays out of his mind and wants ridiculous money we can trade him for a ton and we should be fine.

So why take a QB this year, especially one that likely won't start over Carr? We'd give up 1 year of that rookie deal for a backup. Having a good young QB on a rookie deal is the most valuable thing you can have and you'd waste 20-25% of that on a backup season?

Archived