2019 NFL Draft Thread v5.0

BayRaider

27 minutes ago, Jerry said:

All I see with Oliver is Hurst. We are literally about to draft Hurst again. I like Hurst, but both of them on the line would be a major liability against the run. Why draft a part time player at 4 overall. We won't use both in base defense because all the offense would have to do is audible to a run. 

Just my opinion.

Super excited for tomorrow. I hope we get Bosa and Q. drops to 24 and we get Hockenson at 27. A man can dream.

You're looking at Oliver's size and assuming he isn't good vs. the run. He is excellent vs. the run. He has immense potential and was being played at freaking NT for some reason.

13 minutes ago, Geezy said:

With all the flack we got for taking Hurst last year with his heart issues, do you think that takes Sweat off our board? If he checks out and is available at #24, I’m all over it. 

I hope not. Who cares about the heart stuff since he's been cleared to play. If anything selecting Hurst makes it more likely we still keep Sweat on our BB.

9 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

So the Skins want to move to the top 5. Do we take a kings ransom for 4? Or stand pat and pick?

If Q and Bosa are off the board, absolutely! I don't think Washington is going to be very good the next couple years and we would land multiple firsts and/or seconds. 

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Hurst fell to the 5th for a reason and not just because of his heart condition.  It's ridiculous to think the fall was solely because of his condition and what did teams expect? Hurst would decide to hang up the cleats and never play again, everyone knew that wouldn't happen and that worst case someone would take a risk on him as an UDRFA.  Hurst was drafted in the 5th round and played like a middle round player.  I like Hurst but the comparisons to Oliver are laughable.  

Why do you consider Oliver and Hurst on the same level?  Because mock drafts last year had Hurst going in the top 20?  I remember mocks had Geno Smith going first overall LOL

Mocks are a joke by fans and commentators who pretend to know what they're talking about.  Drafts dictate how the NFL feels about a player. 

Hurst had a pretty good season. Even by first round pick measurements he was solid. Someone else responded to your post as well, saying what I thought. I'm not changing my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I call BS lots of teams took him off the board because of his condition and even talked bad about the Raiders after taking him saying he could die on the field. He's was a top 10 guy before that and the number 1 DT. And its not just based on mock its based on draft grades that scouts put together to say he fell for other reasons is a flat out lie.

Mocks had Geno Smith as the number 1 overall pick in 2013, I'm not sure what your point is.  

So Hurst a "top 10 talent" fell to the 5th solely based on his heart condition bc mocks had him going in the 1st?  That's your stance?

Just so I have your theory correct if and Andrew Luck type QB had the same condition as Hurst you're saying he would end up say in the 3rdish round? 

14 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

So the Skins want to move to the top 5. Do we take a kings ransom for 4? Or stand pat and pick?

Absolutely.  And if we stand at 4, and the big 3 are gone take White.  

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Mocks had Geno Smith as the number 1 overall pick in 2013, I'm not sure what your point is.  

So Hurst a "top 10 talent" fell to the 5th solely based on his heart condition bc mocks had him going in the 1st?  That's your stance?

Just so I have your theory correct if and Andrew Luck type QB had the same condition as Hurst you're saying he would end up say in the 3rdish round? 

Not after the Raiders just called bs on a player that plays a much more physical position and it has worked out fine so far. If Hurst dies on the field this season then I bet the QB would definitely go undrafted.

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Btw, I never said Hurst was a top 10 talent. But he was a first round talent. A lot of people had him going in the 20s.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

In Vic Tafur new article he said he heard something about the Raiders and Allen, but won't say it till the end of the first round and basically said he doesn't want to bring him any negative attention. 

Gruden probably couldn't get over his baby hands.

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

In Vic Tafur new article he said he heard something about the Raiders and Allen, but won't say it till the end of the first round and basically said he doesn't want to bring him any negative attention. 

The fact that he’s massively overrated?

Archived