Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

27 minutes ago, SwAg said:

So, here we are, we initiate with Pickle doing the inquiry about how ET may possibly know that Forge is an intelligent person.

Here is a rational response.  This is a much more likely response than Forge exuding unparalleled brilliance in a Mafia Chat, or someone gushing their heart out about how Forge is the penultimate of Mafia prowess.

Oh yeah, good catch.

Here, I weigh in on that in the immediate aftermath.  I indicate who I'm interested in, and specifically note why I'm interested in Pickle.  This is before ET semi-claimed, hence why ET is still in the list.

Here, I provide a brief reason for why I'm after Counselor.  The full reason will be detailed later, which was updated with contemporaneous information.  The gist of the thought process at that time was the pandering entrance to the thread, denial of reasonable perspective related to the previous game, and general lack of contributions beyond retaliatory voting.

Rick explained why he thinks he is actually scum hunting here, but I remain skeptical:

I reiterate the thought process I had on ET above.

Then Rick responds to my argument, by creating another nefarious scenario in which ET would be aware of Forge's alleged greatness.  Rick continued on this path.  After fixating upon and dropping his vote, his contributions went down beyond reinforcing his push on ET, and saying he and tk3 are connected.

ET and tk3 are connected, apparently.  Now, you may be thinking Rick has flipped on that now, but that's irrelevant, the significance is that he was hammering a weak connection between ET and tk3 for a significant portion of D1, which is a very viable and easy tactic in an open setup to push a teammate as connected with a Townie.

Here I reiterate the same point.  It feels like feigned scum hunting, or poor logic.

This is in the aftermath of ET-tk3 interaction, which prompted the ET semi-claim, and this is Orca's response to me expressing surprise since I thought he was The Cop.  Pickle liked this post, which makes me think he was playing dumb

I mean, if Pickle is doing an appeal to authority, why can't I? 

Fostering that tk3-ET connection.  Seems more like a vested interest in developing that connection, rather than actually pursuing it, as simply broadcasting that perspective adamantly doesn't do much for Town in these setups.  It biases the game.  In a role madness game, it doesn't matter, but here you're forced to dig deep in the thread toolbox and this is right there in it.

Here, I "defend" tk3 because it's objectively true.

tk3 agreeing, pushing the vote on Counselor.  This is relevant because I don't think tk3 would be pushing a vote on Counselor (who had had as a scum read) to past three votes if they're teammates.  Right now, my three reads are tk3, Rick, and Counselor, which lends itself to a Rick-Counselor connection or a Rick-tk3 connection.  The Rick-Counselor connection is furthered along by Counselor later asking that lulzy question about what if Pickle lynched tk3.  I'm sure I'll quote it here at some point.

tk3 is pushing Counselor further, who at this point has genuine potential to be lynch.  It would take some grit to pursue that to the point of brinksmanship.

Then, at the same time, as I think tk3's behavior is not conducive to being a teammate with Counselor, this comment made me think that this is one of those posts that in the post-game as a "LOL I GOTCHA" moment that is thrown in the face of Town.

Furthering the artificial connection between tk3 and ET.

Counselor liked this.  Counselor is clearly not The Doctor, and I doubt he's The Cop.  Makes me think he didn't expect the Doctor roll over.  But this is one of those posts that could go both ways.  He might have been trying to draw the hit, similar to Orca.

Consolidated my thoughts at the end of the day in the event I'm dead, since I knew no one would go back for them.  And seeing as I'm still alive, and people still don't remember what I said, and forced me to go back, this seemed like a prudent move.

Throwing shade onto me, as multiple people expressed doubt on my alignment, notably...you guessed it, tk3 and Rick.  The connection between these three just keeps on going.

Expressing incredulity, thinking "**** you."

Reiterating my reads upon daybreak, which were updated with contemporaneous information.

I think anyone paying attention would know I genuinely have a degree of trust for Touch in this game.  Whether it's misplaced or not is irrelevant.  I opted to include tk3 in the pool of people I have a degree of trust for to see if he would alter his stance on me if he thought I could be controlled.  Shockingly, he semi-passed that test, but somewhat relented upon the push on me too.

You're only getting a brief overview on these interaction, but they're there for you to re-read in the relevant part if you're unsatisfied with my characterization.

Here was my rationale for Rick and Counselor.  This was later augmented by what I perceived to be a fake interaction with tk3 to muddy the water for Town.

I told Rick how much his argument sucked in these posts, and drew the comparison to last game and this game, which is  that I think Rick recognized the success he had last game as Town, and played well in that game.  Thus, he's trying to specifically emulate that game to remove the stark contrast.  As a result, you're getting forced attempts to scum hunt, like this interaction, and the ET/Forge is smart angle.

Rick repeats the same tired talking points that are tone deaf in this game.  Basically, he's saying I'm a ****ter.

I tell Rick that he is the one who is, in fact, a ****ter.

I repeat the same as above, but with other words.

Then I log off all grumpy and mean in which I tell Rick he's dumb because I'm terrible person.

Here is tk3 reinforcing that ET connection, while capitalizing on the Rick rage (which again, I think is fake).  tk3 implored Rick to play better... And the first response is:

Following that advice!  Disengaging from the argument with me.

Starts the Pickle is misguided Town angle, another hallmark of scum toolboxes everywhere.  Then casts indistinct doubt upon basically everyone, with no real reason, except Naz, and it's only because he likely had to specify it as inactivity since Naz has done nothing except feign outrage at ET.

And I say what I just said.  tk3 is trending downward at this point.  But, as I just said in the thread, more recent actions from tk3 also seem Town-oriented, which is why I'm now second guessing as to whether I misinterpreted some of this.

Here I am reiterating the conclusion I've drawn based upon the foregoing.

Counselor is still solidly in the mix at this point!  

"Why's cool for you, but not for me!?"

Annihilated.

Fatality.  Touch is a @Malfatron.

Didn't really address what I said.  Used an escape hatch to hedge on his read and disengage.

I knew it at the time, but now I've largely demonstrated that Rick's read on me is wrong here.  I played while present, and I indeed had my share of snarky comments, but many are interconnected and serve a purpose beyond snark.  I made my opinions known, I mean, hey, Orca (confirmed Town !)even characterized my arguments as good on Day 1!  But, we can ignore that, he's now forcing the tk3/ET connection, and now he's pushing the tk3/SwAg connection.  It's actually a clever way to keep a teammate alive.  You only need to setup a false dichotomy between two and coinflip in an instance of danger, and then you have some deniability even if your friend is lynched because you were "pushing the whole game!"  

This segues into Part II (47 Multiquote), which will be up later.  And, as I foreshadowed, I'm now harboring doubts on my views, but at least now you'll have my perspective, and I'll carry out the second post the same way.

TL;dr

2 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

@Forge you have mentioned that you "don't have a read on me" at least 4 or 5 times now.

If I am anyone else that would make me suspicious of the both of us.

As town, it certainly makes me suspicious of you and what you're trying to accomplish by saying that so often.

Why did you feel the need to say “as town” 

4 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

@Forge you have mentioned that you "don't have a read on me" at least 4 or 5 times now.

If I am anyone else that would make me suspicious of the both of us.

As town, it certainly makes me suspicious of you and what you're trying to accomplish by saying that so often.

Is there another way I should phrase it? I've said it multiple times since last game. People asked me for my thoughts, I gave it. Nothing has changed since the first time I said it, thus it's still the answer when it comes to my thoughts on you. 

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

TL;dr

He attacked me for artificially creating the connection between et and tk3 and now tk3 and swag. 

He looks to be heading towards formulating a connection between me and tk3 

He defends himself against my accusations calling him lazy, fake scum hunting, and being too vague with regards to taking a stance against someone 

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

He attacked me for artificially creating the connection between et and tk3 and now tk3 and swag. 

Also creating one between ET and I (this is important from my perspective)

I won't lie Pickle...this is part of my concern. We know that ET was town. My gut says Swag is town. And then of course there is me. That means the connections you have advocated for come back as 3 town (ET, Swag, myself) and one unknown. Surely you can realize why I may be a little intrigued by this, right? Either your reads are horrifically bad this game, or you were doing an early push on to civs as scum. 

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

He defends himself against my accusations calling him lazy, fake scum hunting, and being too vague with regards to taking a stance against someone 

He’s not heading towards it...

Hes been doing it for the last 24 hours

do you not comprehend?

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I will say that the vagueness you’re referring to was limited. I think swag stated his precise thoughts when he wanted to. 

That being said, I still the post I referred to earlier was a taunt. 

Archived